Alrighty then,
I am feeling about as good as I can and enjoying the times in spite of things like letters from the state of Ohio saying I owe another $500 for 2006! A small price (if I do pay it) to pay for all the wonderful cards and letters I have received.
It is quite chilly today, apparently fall has arrived in Athens, Ohio, just in time for my new campaign! Of course it is not to sort the old pictures, or clean the garage, etc. The new campaign is to figure out who the 15% of lung cancer survivors who live 5 years or more are and how in the heck they did that. Passion for life? Luck of the draw? Meditation? Medical procedures or treatments? Diet? Speak to me, what is the answer!!?
Well, of course I will be bet it is all of the above in some form or another. I need to get working. I definitely have a passion for life and I think a part of this one is working on and/or my individual "passions". You know, like diving off the New River Bridge, running a marathon race, winning the WWF title, building the world's smallest model of Chicago, or learning to speak another language. Wait a minute, I could see me working on the language thing! Maybe there are others, too.
Meditation is clearly an answer. I will be working on that one, even though I have little experience. Modern medicine is good and can I am counting on ME learning more about the procedures available. In other words, a more active role in my treatments (I know you have heard that before, but this time I will do it better).
Diet, including herbal solutions, is something that I have got to work on. You know many people have recommendations--many of them contrary to each other--but I am sorting through them and slowly working toward the best dietary principles. But, as you all know, it ain't easy.
Wow! Rereading the above tells me that I am sounding really serious. I am going to send this anyhow. We will save any humor for next time. I hope.
thanks for listening--
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Just a note to say that it's been good to read your blog and to hear your positive attitude for taking this thing on. Not that I am surprised at all. You have always had the most lively attitude of any of my friends' fathers and I have to tell you that you have, perhaps secretly, been on my list of actual friends (which is more than I can say about any of my other friends' fathers ... though they are all great stand-up guys). You are in that 15 percent by the way.
Peace,
Micah
Wil, it's been quite a while since I checked in at your blog. So nice to be able to read about what's on your mind. You're in our thoughts.
-Mark and Carey (and Zach)
Hi Will,
Eileen, Hannah, and myself are thinking positive thoughts your way! I heard that it may snow at snowshoe with this cold front.
If you need a helping hand, or a emergency weekday ski trip. keep me in mind.
Paul
Wil - I recommend checking out guided imagery cd's by Belleruth Naparsteck at www.healthjourneys.com. I have two you can borrow to try them out, I'll drop them at Bella Vino - you might also check with local libraries. Her work and research on guided imageray are well received in the medical community.
Post a Comment