Statcounter


View My Stats

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Three moves....

...are as good as a fire! Another of my Dad's favorite sayings although it may be out of date today. In the old days if you moved 3 times you eliminated enough stuff as if you had had a fire. (By the way, you must be at least 50 years old to talk about "the old days")

Today people seem to move boxes from place to place--and sometimes even back again without unpacking. In the real estate business we many times see people moving boxes that they did not unpack from their last move!

Anyhow, I am "moving" on some of the stuff I have been talking about. Thanks to great friends who have not only lent support, but made suggestions, brought over movies, some meditation CDs and cassettes (yes, I still have a cassette player), offered hats, and books about surviving cancer. After all, "surviving cancer" is all about what I am up to here! ...and it shall be done.

Also, I am trying mightily to overcome my movie aversion. This weekend I have seen "Burn after reading" and "Galaxy Quest", I'd recommend them both. If I can get into movies, I can certainly work on changing my diet in order to pile on the cancer inhibitors and eliminate the bad boys like high fructose sugar. (See I did remember to get that into the blog.)
,
Walking! I love to walk and one suggested cancer inhibitor is to take 3-5 relaxing walks a week depending upon the length and time of the walk. This one I can do easily and I am going to build it up to where I feel good enough to go skiing when winter sets in.

Gotta go now and prepare questions for this Tuesday's oncologist and chemo appointment.

love ya all.

p.s. since I have spent my life in small towns and drank many six-packs, I am very politically astute and know all the answers about politics. So, please watch for me to slip out some "g"s at the end of words and also give you the "right" answers to all your political questions.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wil,

My great great grandfather used to say, "if you don't like movies on DVD's don't watch them." In my opinion, there's no sense for you to be watching movies when you could be blogging.

When you watch a movie, you go into some deep blank place in your mind, and we're completely left out of your life. When you blog, you share your thoughts with us, and we can respond in turn.

Speaking of responding, I hope all of us blog-readers will comment more often on your blog, if only to confess that we consume high fructose corn syrup.

Sincerely,
Wenda

Connie said...

Hi Wil. I wanted to let you know that Steve and I have been reading your blog and have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. A good movie, if you haven't seen it, is Music Within. It is based on a true story and is very inspiring (which are my favorite kinds of movies).

I hope your third round goes alright. I'll be thinking about you.

Connie & Steve Patterson

Anonymous said...

From Kristina

Thinking of you as you go off to Doctor Land again.

The older I get (and I'm just a few short years away from being able to refer to 'the old days'), the more I just want to see movies that make me laugh. (Even if it involves a hatchet job in broad daylight a la Burn After Reading. Wasn't the final scene in the office absolutely hilarious?) My guess is laughter rates pretty high up on the cancer inhibitor scale.

Send in the clowns! Wait -- they're already here!

Love ya'!

Christine said...

Popping in and out Wil... we sure do appreciate your updates. Thanks for that! criss

Anonymous said...

Hi Wil!
I just heard some great news that I wanted to share with you. A friend of mine that used to live in Athens and was diagnosed with cancer about a year ago is now cancer free! Her diagnosis was pretty dire but she has made it through, which affirms my belief that you will too. You and she share many of the same attitudes and beliefs about your treatment and results. Another thing you both have in common are a lot of people sending you love and support. I really believe your optimism paired with all the good energy coming your way will make a real impact. You continue to do your part- however you decide to play that part- and we will continue to do ours!
Cheers to optimism!
Tara

Anonymous said...

Knew you'd love Galexy Quest...
"Never give up, Never surrender!"
Now push in that 'Favorite Year'...just for the cars and clothes if not Peter O'Toole...
I'm happy you're watching and blogging.
Have you been walking in this magical moonlight?? I'm sure nocturnal ambling has healing powers....
Still thinking weekend in Snowshoe in Dec?
Hughs and sloppy kisses to you and Annie