...the better I was.
You can really see that in the fact that I once again pushed the wrong buttons. I tend to do that with lots of people in lots of situations!
Well kids, what time is it? It's chemo time! Had an "infusion" on Tuesday. Why the heck is it an infusion? Anyhow, I am not liking the after-infusion but I am getting used to it. I had big chills the first night, some slight continuing nausea, and now it is settling into the joints making sleep and walking difficult. But lots of people have this and other things much harder, the good news is that I am up and around and will continue to go places and have fun.
That reminds me, some of you have indicated that commenting on this blog is difficult and I would like to give my email again in case someone wants to send a more direct comment, report, question, or complaint. But blog comments are always welcome!
chandler@athens-realty.com
Back to the medical report. My xray is unchanged (good), blood work ok (good), and, although cranky, I seem to be tolerating the chemo ok (good, I guess). So, in three weeks I get to infuse once again and then 2 more after that. I am told that 6 is all people can tolerate.
I am getting exercise--less with creaky joints, reading some good books about cancer and personal attitudes, watching some movies, and best of all for me getting about with a fun social life that I think we all need. I have not been able to work in some of the other things I need and eventually want to do, but I refuse to "beat myself up over what I haven't done".
A little bit about the oncologist and treatment. Anne and I both feel like this chap knows his stuff quite well and answers questions. However, as the literature indicates, these guys are trained in medicine only and not comfortable dealing with good interpersonal relationships or alternative healing ways (like diet!) I want to comment more at length on these ideas, but as you all know in order for me to keep it readable, I want to be brief.
so, until next time, I will go on remembering how good I was--some of it may even be true!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
How 'bout this gorgeous weather and the leaves putting on quite a show? Hope you and Ann and the rest of the fam are enjoying it! We're thinking of you......
Hey Wil,
Kent and I just found your blog. I know, how did we not hear about it sooner???
As a fellow blogger, don't worry about length or content. Just write what you feel and keep it real.
We'll be thinking about ya'.
Hey Wil! I found your blog via patty's - I have been thinking a lot of you and yours. I would like to give you a copy of a resource book from the LiveSTRONG foundation that you might find helpful. I am also kicking my butt to get on with the recipe book....give me a date and when I have to get it to you. that way I will HAVE to prioritize it on my long list of things to do. (hey, whatever works....)
Thank you for sharing updates about you.
love, me and nic.
from maureen:
I mistyped your blogs web address and ended up nearly registering for Bible College. Watch out, his internet typing business is quite tricky
I feel compelled to remind you of the sage words of Toby Keith (whom I like to call "The Hoss"): "I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was."
I think that just means we have to build in more recovery time as we age. That's why Scott and I drink early in the day...
Have I said too much? ;)
Post a Comment