Statcounter


View My Stats

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pardon me.....

...do I know you?

That has happened to me several times lately. I certainly don't blame people, cause I also think I look really different these days. I just don't know quite how to react when this happens! God bless all those people who tell me I look better bald or that the bare lip makes me look younger! I need to work on believing them after all the years with a mustache and a lifetime with hair.

Oh well, on to important things. I have a CT scan tomorrow so no food after midnight. Just to be stubborn I am trying to stay up until midnight and eat something! Although since it is now only 10:40, I may not make it! Always a little scary to have some kind of test or reading as it might be bad news. But this will be good news!

My "program" of change (you know, meditation, diet, etc) isn't going all that well.
I am taking some good herbals, but big changes come with difficulty and lots of work.
I am on the case and going to make progress! ...but if it must be slow, so be it.

I am taking lots of walks and talking to lots of people--I guess that is one of the things I do do. A cancer survivor friend came by today and brought me homemade custard! Delicious. Thank you Judy. I talked to a high school friend from Wisconsin--I need to spend a few days there to catch up! I raked the leaves and for tonights "coup de gras" I gave the dog a bath! Pretty thrilling day, huh?

enough for now, the condemned man went to the kitchen and ate some custard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On Wil's request, here are instructions for posting comments to his blog:

1. Scroll down to the bottom of his post AND scroll down past all the comments that were already made about that post.

2. At the extreme bottom, see these words in blue: “Post a Comment.”

3. Notice that there is a difference between the blue words “Post a Comment” and the grey-blue words “Post Comments (Atom).”

4. Click on the blue words “Post a Comment,” which are the third line of text from the very bottom.

5. After you click, you’ll be in an ugly part of the blog. Face it---orange text and purple borders are ugly as sin.

6. Look for the box near the top right of the screen with the black words “Leave your comment” written above the box.

7. Type your comment in the box.

8. When you’re finished typing, notice that there’s a strange word written in blue underneath the box. You might be able to read the word, if you’ve bought new glasses recently.

9. Now type that strange word into the "Word Verification" box below in order to PROVE that you’re a human being.

10. When you’re finished typing that word, scroll down and “Choose an Identity.”

11. Hint: I always choose “Anonymous” because it’s easiest for me….but of course I sign my name in the comment box so Wil knows who I am.

12. Now scroll down to the bottom and find the words “Publish Your Comment” written in white text in an ugly orange box.

13. Click on the words “Publish Your Comment.”

14. Now, log back into Wil's blog as you usually do, and you’ll see your comment after Wil’s post.

Cheers,
Wenda

Christine said...

All the best on that scan! And as for doing "exciting" stuff??? Isn't it all about chopping the wood and carrying the water... the everyday stuff? That's the best! Thanks for the updates, always.

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the custard. Robin Schaffer brought it to me several times during my chemo and recovery, and I consider it to be the ultimate comfort food. And my best gift to friends who need a boost. Judy