Statcounter


View My Stats

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What the heck is this stuff?

So, I get up from the kitchen table and take the dishes to the sink. When I go back to the table I notice a foreign substance there. My first thought is "how did the dog hair get onto the table". Then I noticed it was gray and long and after scratching my head (get it?), I came up with the answer. It ain't dog hair, it's wil hair! After some experimentation, it becomes clear that it will all fall out, even my mustache.

A whole new image awaits me, but this is quite a battle that I am in and if this is what chemo does, I can do it. It will certainly be a "new look". Maybe a hairless, hatless look is best. You know, let it all hang out. Or perhaps one of those hats that I always see boarders wearing on the ski slopes with all the colorful things bobbing around on it. We recently watched the John Adams bio and maybe I should get one of those cool wigs like they had. ...or pink, or maybe brown. I have been with gray hair and mustache for so many years, a return to my brown haired youth might work! I think maybe a tobaggan (in Wisconsin we called them beanies) hat would do although they are kinda hot. A ball cap is probably best although I wouldn't know how to wear the visor--back, forward or sideways. Maybe I will consult with my stepson Michael as he always has cool hats to wear!

It is amazing to me how much more one could write in a blog, but I will write again soon. Besides, this is my second try on this posting as I hit the wrong button and it the first one disappeared. I am hoping that this is not the second time I am putting this out there.

Stay well and keep sending me your good thoughts, I really appreciate it.

wil

8 comments:

Mary Barbara said...

I seem to remember a story about braids(?) cut, saved and sewn to a cap...

You'll always be devilishly handsome.

Peace,
mary barbara

polly said...

goodwil
i was so saddened to hear of your health situation--damned cancer--anyway i wanted to remind you that you were the first athens townie that i met when i moved here and my thoughts were this is going to be a good place to live if other townies are as cool as Will ans they were and i stayed her and that was in 1987. polly creech

kate said...

yeah! mb has the right idea! i think i have a cap at home with some really funny looking (ie: obviously fake) dreadlocks sewn onto the back. it resembles more of a confused mullet-sporting NASCAR fan look than a Rastafarian one, but at the very least it's a conversation piece. :)
glad to hear you are feeling well and hanging in there. your blog is a delight to read - thank you for sharing your journey with us.
see you this evening at your par-tay!
-kate

Anonymous said...

Wil baby - see you tonight! Just so you know, I went to goodwill.blogspot.com and the header is 'LOVE SUCKS'...didn't think that would be your header...it's some poor schmuck named Michael!!

I'm keeping up with you via Lily! Won't be hearing 'how are you' from me - although it is the innocent question from people who DO care about and love you!!!

I'd like to hang with you some Monday night at Tony's if we can make that happen and if it isn't too 'presumptuous'!!!!! yikes....Dawn

Anonymous said...

Wil,
Nice blog.
I definitely think you should wear a ball cap that you don with the visor forward and then turn it about 90 degrees to lock in the freshness.
Rich O.

Anonymous said...

Wil:
Anne says if you start losing hair, you'll look more and more like me. So it's not that bad after all, is it?
Tom Walker

MWales said...

Bald men are sexy. You'll wear it well!

Unknown said...

You should ask my mom to rig you up some sort of Groucho Marx mustache, but I'm sure you'll look good with less hair. I'd say stick to practical headgear, protection from the sun or cold. But I have been told that bald is a good look too!