Statcounter


View My Stats

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

times are good, I am sending you all a check

Oops,

I would love to send a check, but all you get is a check "in". sorry.

...by golly, the hair is still gone and I am almost used to it--hair is over-rated.

Although, my head still feels cold and when I am in the sun, the shadow looks unusual.

The chemo thing has been more difficult this time--as the doctor says, "it's cumulative". I am not looking forward to the next time which is the third one and then it is "reassessment time".

For me it seems to work like this, the first day after chemo, I feel pretty good and think I am doing very well. Then it slowly sets in and gets more intense for the next week. Now--8 days later--I am starting to slowly feel better: stomach not as upset, toes not as sore and joints only mildly hurting.

I managed to get out of town this weekend and that feels good. I will be traveling as much as possible from now on. This coming weekend is homecoming at "The" Ohio University and I plan on participating as much as possible.

check in it was and now a check out.

you betcha, wil

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wil,

Glad your sense of humor is intact, and glad you've gotten out of town (and I don't mean just Columbus for the chemicals). Also glad you're continuing to share your thoughts and news via blogging.

If that chemo stuff is cumulative, how about telling us how to ease the burden of the next one?

What would help? Chocolates? Flowers? DVDs? Fingerpaints? Strawberry Jello with blueberries inside? Pickles? Games of checkers? A new puppy? A restaurant meal brought home? A cheerful fortune teller? A fistful of wild flowers? Fresh fish? Lobster? Marshmellows? A dozen blog comments?

Can you create a "list of things to enjoy while enduring chemo"?

Cheers,
Wenda

Unknown said...

Hi Wil,

Mirror mirror, drill baby drill, and the check is the mail.

I was looking at a mirror myself just yesterday. Trying to shave the mustache close up around the nose, and thinking: Damn! Without this lip-wig, I'd pretty much look like that Paulson guy yammering on all the news feds, who claims to need a fix in the worst way.

Look I think if we just shaved clean all those "masters of the universe" and pured peach fuzz down their collar once a week, they could keep those millions.

The taxpayers would be glad to pay for the barber and the peaches.

You must be weathering the toughest of storms these last two weeks, Wil. A lot has happened since I checked in last. Life does have to be so daily.

I know what you mean about not bearing to watch movies, read a book, etc. I found all of that so bizzare during the mourning shock for Leslie's and my first son. Couldn't stomach it, but not nausous. Cried like fragility of a spider web in the dew. Numb.

Keep blogging (as one ) outlet to push that face into the mirror back on to your shoulders. It's habit forming.

Will there be Paulson masks at Athens Halloween? [Now that is a memory, hanging at the front window of Debbie's Redbrick Tavern.]

Our Tav is wrangling to con us into funding his escape to the freedom of uptown on a Saturday night for 1 Nov. Maybe he will go as Palin.

Anonymous said...

Hi Wil,

Chad just got your blog info today, so we had a lot of catching up to do. Pretty impressive for a rookie (of course, this coming from someone who is leaving her first comment ever on a blog and still can't figure out how to text message, so I'm not sure that my compliment counts for much). We are really glad to hear that you are hanging in there and are planning to be at Homecoming this weekend. Tailgating would not be near as much fun without you. :-)

Take care,
Jess (aka Mrs. Chad) & Chad Wingett