Statcounter


View My Stats

Sunday, September 21, 2008

...time does heal, but....

....I sure plan to work on my healing process. As some of you noted from my last posting, this round of chemo has been very hard on me (I appreciate all comments either by blog or email). I am feeling better each day and working hard at relaxing (get it?).

I spend several appointments last week at the Social Security office for retirement, disability, and even insurance. You know, I don't think the people there are jerks at all. They are just employed by a "jerky system". My apps are now in the works! While I wasn't perfect, I am proud of my "keeping it together" there.

My hair kept falling out, so I had my head shaved. Two things: One, I don't know who the hell it is in the mirror, but he has a good head and Two, I am surprised at how cold it feels--I am sure I will get used to it. My mustache is not gone yet, but the hairs are certainly leaving!

As luck would have it, I am doing this in a Starbucks and quite proud to have figured out how to do it! Also, as I have discovered in the past hour, they sure play some "shitty music".

...more in a few days. xxxxx wil

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

-- From Kristina

The guy in the mirror has a good heart too.

Kristin Campbell-Miller said...

I think the weather is probably cold enough for the 'news-boy' cap... ya think?!

Love the blog....

Krissy

Unknown said...

Hair's overrated.

Anonymous said...

I remember when you were once sans mustache for what seemed like a day . . . it wasn't so bad.

Sorry I missed your party, sounds like it was good!

I'm impressed at how you have transformed yourself from 'my friend the Luddite' to a thoughtful blogger!

Keeping a god thought . . .

Doug

Anonymous said...

Thanks sharing this with us. Wish I were there to wish you well in person. Be strong.

Dale (now in Texas)

Christine said...

Thanks for keeping us up with how things are going, Wil. Bravery at it's finest!

Anonymous said...

WIl:
I think this is made of wool so may be scratchy, but I really think this may be the product you need--- check it out.
Maureen

www.likecool.com/Beard_Cap--Hat--Style.html

Anonymous said...

personally, i'm a big fan of the bald look. :-)

love,
the other annie