.....but first a message from our sponsor!
I want to thank everyone for sending movie suggestions. Looks like lots of great ones that I will be looking into for a long time! Thank you.
I though I might also take a moment to recap my condition: physically and mentally!
As mentioned, I had a chemo treatment on August 22nd. I felt ok immediately after and kinda sick and dragging for the next week. Since this was my first treatment, I guess I thought that I might be like that for the rest of my life! Luckily, that ain't the way it is now. I feel much better and the only real problem is the shortness of breath. Another interesting thing is how sentimental (sensitive?) I have become. Sometimes just hearing something nice about somebody causes the tears to well up! Unusual for me, but overall I think a good thing.
My hair has not fallen out although I have another treatment scheduled for the 15th and perhaps that will change after that. Mentally, I feel in a pretty good place. Obviously this is not the kind of news one ever wants to hear, but luckily I am still up and around and going to do everything I can to put up an agressive battle.
Now back to the most important point! My CASA friend Sherry (Sherrie?) has decided that there should be a party! Those who know me know that I am always up for a party so we will have one!
This will take place next Wednesday, September 10th 5pm at the CASA of course.
Those who can make it, please try to do so!! I hope to see many of you then!
Next Wednesday then, CASA at 5 pm!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
So glad to be able to keep up with you, Wil! I am impressed with your computer savvy, setting up a blog. See you at Casa on Wednesday because I too love a good party.
Sending healin' vibes your way and keeping you in my thoughts!
Tara
I will be there with my party shoes on! Love you --Debbie C.
Will, I so wished we lived closer, so we could party and have some wine with you! More importantly, Allen and I and the kids do need to give you a big hug. Thanks for keeping us informed on what's happening with you--your humor keeps us smiling. Love and hugs, E.
I, too, wish I could be there, but instead will have to be there in spirit! Keep up the good blogging (you're getting good at it) and have some fun for me.
Wil, I heard about your blog from David Merriell...I don't know if you remember me but I used to live in Athens (worked for A News and Liz Maule and was in Rotary). I was so saddened to hear of your news but some what comforted when I read your blog and admired your outstanding attitude and outlook on life. I live in LA now, a world away from Athens it seems but I have wonderful memories of my time there. Know that I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you continue on this journey. Keep your spirits up and keep blogging, it's quite entertaining. :)
Wil,
Your on the schedule for next Wednesday at Casa. (Chris helped me figure out how to file a comment).
Best, Andy and Chris
We never like to miss a party--count us in.
~Kelly & Faizul
I am so sorry we missed this! First week of the quarter and kindergarten is kicking our butts! Hope it was a gala event befitting the crowned prince of athens. :)
xoxo
melissa
Post a Comment