Statcounter


View My Stats

Thursday, April 1, 2010

......hard to believe!



Why is this character so happy? Well, let me tell you! It is because he has pneumonia! Now what kind of a nut would be happy to hear that? Well....I guess I am that kind of nut!

For about a month now I have been feeling worse and worse--headaches, rundown, upset stomach, the whole gamut of bad feelings. This is easily reflected when I go back and look at my past several blogs. I have been "motoring" along at about 50% or less. I honestly thought (altho didn't mention it) that the cancer was getting worse and pulling me down.

As my last blog mentioned, I had hoped the Florida trip would see me feeling better--I did things there, but did not feel good. So, last Friday upon returning I had a CTscan in preparation for my chemo on Monday. So imagine my surprise when the doctors said, "no chemo for you, you have pneumonia and we have pills for that!" (Unlike my cancer.)

Oh happy day, the pills are very strong (avolex, I think), but I already feel much better. My coughing has become less and I am at 50% and feeling better all the time. It doesn't hurt that the weather in Athens has been just gorgeous--sunny and 80. I have a whole new outlook and many exciting things to think about and to be about.

Please have a blessed and happy Easter weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! I have been praying for you all week. Talk to you soon. C.

Debbie Clary said...

yes, it is strange to be happy about having pneumonia - but yea!! (update - my surgery is april 7...let the fight begin!)
love to you and anne,
--debbie