

Now, I really can't figure a full ten reasons for going on vacation. But, I do have a new one! You know the old ones: dreaming, planning, packing, traveling, fun there, looking back, etc. And my new one is not getting eaten by alligators, although we saw plenty of them.
I have even included a pic my friend John sent me that someone else took of a Florida road! Not a road to be hiking on. But, back to my reason. I think I went on this trip to just dream that my illness wasn't there or perhaps improving. Unfortunately, that didn't really work since I felt bad for most of the trip.
But, forget about that illness crap. We did have a good time. Made a nice trip to a nature preserve--Corkscrew--and another day took a trip into the Everglades. Awesome stuff, starkly beautiful. One of the pics shows Anne's son, Michael, and I atop this tower in the Everglades and then looking down on a "pile" of gators! Michael and his Annie joined us for 4 days--it was great to have them there.
Anne and I also got in some nice beach time for a few days. The beach was about the only place one could walk to--but I guess the beach is why most people go to Florida. If the pic is good enough you can see the condo where we stayed in the far background. We were on the second floor from the top--beautiful sunsets. We also all enjoyed the "just laying around time."
Well, tomorrow is back to the "real world of wil." I have an appt in Columbus with the oncologist and I will hear about the CT scan I had late Friday upon returning from Florida. Unfortunately, I am not feeling comfortable driving up and back alone as I have been a bit dizzy lately. So I have pressed my son Josh into service. Leaving at 6 in the morning is a hard job for someone who makes his living as a late night bartender. I appreciate it.
Let the fun begin.
1 comment:
Wil, we had a great time in Florida and I'm looking forward to seeing everybody in Athens this weekend!
Post a Comment