In my confusion over how to send pics with this blog, I forgot to include some important things!!
Now about the "protection". One of my elders whom I always respect and agree with indicated that I need to wear a mask when traveling. So, I have included a pic of me getting ready for the airplane flight. Now, that is protection.
The other pic is of my old friend, Lanny. Lanny and I were little boys together having a ball each summer at our grandparents cottages (they were next to each other) in Wisconsin. He came each summer from Missouri for long visits and then we lost touch when we were about 13 or 14--for over 30 years. Turns out he was living in Columbus for much of that time and we did not know it until about 10 years ago. A few weeks ago Lanny and his wife stopped by and we had a very relaxing time on our Athens front porch. We are almost the same age and political "bent" which is real unusual for people my age.
Oh yeah, I remember now that I started this blog to talk about my health. Well....we arrived back from Key West about 1 am Monday and that morning about 10am Josh drove me up to Columbus to the joy of seeing the oncologist and gettin a dose of chemo. Yesterday wasn't too bad, but today I am quite head-achey and tired. I have lots of errands to do, but they don't seem to be getting done. I guess it is time for another nap. I have lost quite a bit of weight so my goal right now seems to be to rest and eat--lots of fattening foods.I do believe that a nap always trumps a long blog (in fact, almost anything beats a long blog) so I will close for this blog.
stay friendly, smiley, and have fun always.
ps I have heard once again about how hard it is to comment on this blog. One can always send an email (chandler-athens-realty.com). I always appreciate it.
5 comments:
Wow - look at those two old duffers Wil! Where did the time go? I'm sure you'd agree it has been a great ride. Looking forward to a visit from you and Josh in May.
So, having just read The Girls from Ames, a book about a 40 year friendship among 11 women, it looks like you are certainly among the minority of men whose friendships do not just consist of putting golf balls together. Congratulations to the porch sitters and talkers!
Thanks Anne!
Where are you headed in this photo - Iceland? Hope you're getting outside on some of these spring days.
I like it that you and Lanny are still friends. I love these stories. Colleen is coming in this weekend with her English boyfriend, and Andrew will be here with his girlfriend in July. My "kids" having significant others is so unusual and NICE that I tend to gloat about it. Meanwhile, all my friends younger than I are grandmothers.... Ah well. Tell Josh Andrew is moving to Seattle to go to UDub for an MFA in directing. And if anyone knows of anyone who needs to go to New York City, and would drive one of our cars there, in early July to give me a call. Now that you are over the pneumonia I hope you feel reasonably well for a long time. And ya, use the mask for travels to Iceland! Judy McGinn
Post a Comment