Statcounter


View My Stats

Saturday, May 2, 2009

"Not on my gravestone....."

How about? "I wish I had spent more time in the office!" or maybe,

"I wish I had been on the computer more." Could be, "If only I had seen more Television."

Probably no man wants something like, "I wish I could have had less sex." You know, I'm

beginning to think I don't want a gravestone at all!!

Up until yesterday, this had been a difficult week for old wil. I have had a lingering sinus infection and my right side (otherwise known as the cancer side) has been hurting me from deep within. I thought the end was "moved up" a bit and I might need to think about gravestones. (Just kidding, I really do not think about some damn stone for myself!)

I thought the negative doctors were right: cancer was back! But, with some new medicine for sinus from my friend Mark and a visit to Columbus for chemo and the 2 doctors on Friday. I am much better, both mentally and physically. The oncologist said that he saw no change at this time and ordered some new CTscans for early June. He also gave a lecture--a "piss poor" one I thought--on the potential need for me to see a counselor to talk about my troubles. A good try on his part--although it made me feel better about him.

Then after chemo and and a nice nap, we saw the "positive doc" and he was great as usual. Showed me the improvements in my blood, changed the supplements and sent me on my way in another positive fashion. I suppose it would be easy to laugh at this doc and his supplements, something like I do about astrology or other things of that sort. However, he can demonstrate the improvement and is so positive it is downright contagious. Anne and I always leave his office feeling good.

Tonight is another big night for "wilc, mc" and I hope to have some good pictures of old and not yet dead, wil. I also hope not to make a fool of myself! Then, early in the morning, the boys (I guess I can call us boys, but I don't think I will call female friends, girls) are off to the "big apple" with no schedule except a Yankee/Red Sox game. I am excited about feeling that I am off to have fun instead of planning for my gravestone.

thanks for listening.

2 comments:

Literacy Center at Ohio University said...

Hi guy! Happy Monday! When you get a chance - plese send me your email. I have some information from Johns Hopkins to share with you. Totten@ohio.edu. Hello to beautiful Anne.

Anonymous said...

Wil. I'm thinking about you. Maureen