Statcounter


View My Stats

Sunday, May 31, 2009

DOOMED TO REPEAT THE PAST......





.....whoever (or is it whomever) wants to repeat the past is pretty kooky! I have been doing lots of thinking (reflecting?) lately on past events. Could I have prevented my cancer? Could I have had more enjoyment throughout my life? What could anybody do differently if you could change the past?

You know, finding out that you have cancer sure can turn one's world around! More thinking, more worrying, and "more doing". Since last July when cancer was discovered, I have done more of all three. This disease has really made me take lots of stock locally and also to "hit the road" in kind of a "reverse bucket list". I guess you have to see the movie "The Bucket List" to understand that. I have been to lots of places in the past year and plan on continuing the travels.....

I have had lots of wonderful trips with and to see friends and relatives and I love and enjoy our 1834 Home and Athens, Ohio. But inside I find myself searching for the meaning and direction in my life now that is all different due to the cancer. Good Progress. I have made good progress even though I have no answers!!

Oh well, enough of that. Now for something currently on my mind. Tomorrow is a "doctor/chemo day in Columbus and it will be important. Last week I had my every three months CTscan and this will be the report. Will it show more cancer? Yikes! Will it show less cancer? My dream! Or will it show the same and keep me in the current unsettled limbo? Most likely!

More comments in a few days, but I want to close with a fortune I recently received at a Chinese restaurant. "You are doomed to be happy in wedlock"!

3 comments:

Tom Walker said...

Yes, I got one of those fortunes, too. You must have been eating at China Fortune. Tom

Anonymous said...

We'll be thinking of you tomorrow as you listen to what the doctors say. Please listen your best to that positive doctor, not the negative one ok?

Sincerely,
Wenda

Anonymous said...

we're thinking of you, wil! lots of good and healthy vibes, thoughts, and prayers coming your way.
xoxo,
the other annie