So, last week I went on my first "junket" and had a great time. Here is the story. On Tuesday evening I was minding my own business (you do believe that don't you?) and my friend and neighbor asked me if I wanted to go to Atlantic City for a two day free trip including Airplane and Hotel! Well, not being much of a gambler I was non-committal. He called me the next morning (twice!) and said there was still room to go.
I decided that this is definitely the time in my life to do things I enjoy--and some thing I hadn't even thought of. On Thursday at 11 am I found myself on the way to the Columbus airport for the chartered flight directly to Atlantic City. Our little group had 5 fun-loving people and we stayed at Harrah's, quite a nice place. They had a huge pool with bamboo growing around the 6 hot tubs and a bar nearby. Nice for the two of us who weren't gambling.
We had great food for great prices and spent some quality time walking on the Boardwalk and visiting the Pier. Saturday at 1 pm it was on the bus and back to the Airport and Columbus. Even with the snowy roads we were back in Athens in time to catch the end of a party designed to "save a Christmas baa humbug person". I do enjoy parties and NO, that person was not me!
Truly an enjoyable--and fast moving--couple of days. I am ready to go on lots of trips--hopefully some will be skiing. Anne and I already booked for Key West at Christmas time.
Yesterday was a chemo day (did I mention this would be a long blog?) and one of my former partners and my yoga teacher took me up there and witnessed my doctors M.O. I have been pretty lucky to have good friends, at other times my doctor's wife and my insurance man have taken me to appts. I haven't asked the garbage man yet. I did not feel it necessary (or was I "chicken") to tell my doctor I am leaving. Anyhow, I have an appointment with the OSU James Cancer clinic next Monday and then I can call and cancel this doctor--or maybe write an explanatory letter.
Today the party season continues with the Athens Realty party and we are expecting about 200 people. Fortunately the great staff of Athens Realty is putting that together while I rest. Then it is time to rest up for the holidays and Key West!
I am so glad that I have heard from many of you by email
or on the blog messages. I clearly understand that this blog is not "user-friendly"
as you may know from my picture problems, but for me it is a great vehicle to vent.
Here's hoping we all have a great holiday season.
wil
3 comments:
Great trip Wil. Sorry we didn't hit 777 on the million dollar machine but you are a wonderful person to spend time with. Was so much fun to have a poolside partner!
Susan
Wonderful party Wil & Company! You always have the coziest, yummiest party of the season! Thanks for including us!
May the FORCE BE with YOU!
I love you.
DrywallDuane
Post a Comment