

....the worst base in the world was the one where I was stationed and the best base was the one where I had just left! I still think the "base" where I am now is not as good as the last one(!), but I am enjoying it as much as I can!
Life is always funny (and not usually "ha! ha!" funny). For the past several months I have been feeling hurt, angry and that I was on my way toward the "end." My right side hurt a lot (still does some) and the chemo gives me headaches, tired feelings, dry skin and no feelings in my feet much of the time.
Somehow the just-passed Thanksgiving period has changed me for the better. This time and this "base" is going to be the good one. It was lots of fun traveling to Maryland and being with Anne's family for the holiday. Last Friday I was able to go skiing and I can still do it! Also, we built an 8 foot snowman--see our "family" portrait above. It was wonderful! I have been going to yoga and while I am not good at it, I enjoy it very much and I will get better and healthier. Tomorrow I am traveling again for two days and I will talk about all the fun(?) I've had in the next blog since I really don't know what to expect! An adventure to be sure!
I am going to change doctors and be with the OSU cancer hospital. My last chemo in this series is Monday and then the following Monday I am changing to OSU. While nothing works perfectly, I know this will be a change for the better.
Anybody within range of Athens should know that our annual Athens Realty party is next Tuesday at the Ridges Auditoriun from 5-8. ya'all come now.
wil
ps the other photo above is Evelyn at Artifacts Gallery--the monster store as she calls it!
3 comments:
Wil-
I have loved reading your blog. Please promise you'll invite me the next time you go skiing.
Christie
Sorry I'm going to miss the holiday event, always a good time. Glad to see that you are making a change, if nothing else for the peace of mind of having some control over the situation. Glad to hear that you are feeling good and am jealous you got to go skiing. Look forward to seeing you and all after Xmas.
I think you're super & am glad that you've gotten away for a while. I need a little Wil/Lil "just like old times" when I come back from Tucson.
Love you, Dad.
Post a Comment