Statcounter


View My Stats

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Is 65 too old?

...to try to write a blog? or even too old to use a computer?

If you only go to my last attempt at a blog entry from Key West, the answer might be a resounding YES. This guy doesn't know what he is doing! But, what the heck, I will continue on anyhow!

I had borrowed a computer from a 16 year old and was sitting in a hammock swing next to a swimming pool. I could hardly see the screen or clearly figure out what to do when the "call to sunset" went out. At that time, I thought I had placed my brief start at a Key West entry in the "draft" category. Well, you know the rest. Ooops, this morning I discovered it was posted--as a short confusing entry.

We returned to Charleston, WVa and then home very early in the am hours after another successful and enjoyable Key West trip. It was fun to go and return from the smaller Charleston airport--a bit closer and slightly less expensive as well.

Key West is--well--Key West. It is so different from so many places. I love the weather, the small town where you can walk or bicycle most anywhere, and most of all, I like the people and places--they are so unique! The sunsets, the ocean, the old buildings, the people from the dirty homeless to the "filthy rich"! It is all so interesting.

I am glad to be back "up north" where I can think about going skiing. Whoops again! It is 72 degrees and sunny here and skiing in WVa or Maryland probably won't be good for a few days. But, I will be going soon. Tomorrow we will do Christmas in Athens and then Monday I have a full day in Columbus with doctors and some tests. Basically, I am feeling pretty good, and doing everything as usual, although I do still have a constant slight pain in my right chest (lung, I guess).

I won't bore you with photos. Our camera stayed in Key West with our friends Bruce and Susan since they forgot theirs! Maybe next time when it returns to Athens with them I can try the photo thing again!

I would like to thank All for the good wishes in all forms that people have sent to me. I hope everyone had a great Holiday and will have a happy and prosperous 2009.

1 comment:

William Fisher said...

Wil,
you and Ann look great. Happy 2009. I am off to Iceland in 2 weeks. I have yet to see the apartment I am living in, but I am told it is a 2 br, with a view. You are welcome. I have a blog I am starting when I get there called FOur Hours of Daylight http://fourhoursofdaylight.blogspot.com/

All the best. I'm looking forward to seeing you and reading more of your blog.

Wm Fidher