

On the far left you can see Anne and I with Roxy, "the Christmas Dog". You remember her, instead of coming down the chimney, she is the one who digs a hole in the backyard and then comes in through the basement with all kinds of bony presents.
This is definitely "that time of year" as you can see on the above right. That's Evelyn and I doing what every child loves to do. Namely, putting "Sugarplum Barbie" and "Tinkerbell" in the coal car of an electric train and running them numerous times around the Christmas tree! I can't quite remember how often I did this as young boy, but I am sure I must have.....I wonder what my mom ever did with all my Barbies? (!!!)
This has been a busy time for all I am sure. It seems as if there are parties everywhere and us shy lads sure do love a party! Unfortunately, I can only make it to some of them and this week and then not for long. Chemo on Monday (number 6) has hit me harder than any of the others--I guess that is what they mean by "cumlative" when they talk about this chemo #%*+#&! I am definitely not doing as well as in the past.
Anne and I are off to the James Cancer Center in Columbus tomorrow and I am most hopeful to see what they have to say. I am certainly ready to keep up the fight in any way that I can. Including more skiing and more trips! However, I might have to work on my "disquise" as Wil Chandler since the TSA guy at the gate in Atlantic City said I don't look like my picture!
Enough for now, I will report in very soon---in fact, it might be so soon again that some of you will need my nausea medicine if you read too much of this crap.
wil
3 comments:
Love the photos, looking forward to engineering the train around the tree w. Evelyn. Hope the Dr. appt. yesterday went well!
Love seeing you all festively amidst the tree and hope the doc's appt went well and that you found a really good one that you can relate to. I am sure it is tough going taking that chemo one round after another. I know you are surrounded by love and that counts considerably in helping you with this battle. You are valiant and brave and I admire your courage. xovalorie
Hey Wil --
If someone told me that I didn't look like my driver's license picture, it would be considered a compliment. ;-)
Keep on bloggin'. Sending you and Annie happy holiday wishes --
Sharyn
Post a Comment