



....and to all a good night! Or did I mix that up a bit?
Anyhow this has started off as a great year! Why? Well, certainly because any time you hear that you have an incurable illness and you wake up to a new year it has to be a very positive thing!
We had an interesting New Year's eve. Didn't go anywhere as we felt old and tired. Then we stayed up 'til after midnight and split a bottle of champagne. Now you would think someone of my age and "experience" would know not to drink too much! Since Anne and I both became quite tipsy, we apparently have not learned very much over the years.
New Year's day--still hungover--we made it across the street to Bruce and Susan's and then in the evening to dinner at John and Mary's country estate. It was--and still remains--a no alcohol time! Maybe a good new year lesson on "taking it easy".
Tomorrow (Jan 3rd) is trip to OSU medical center for CTscan and visit with the Oncologist. I haven't had either for some weeks so I guess they are good things. However, I do kind of dread it since I am clearly coughing more and more short of breath than a year ago. All a reason to worry? Sure, but let's go on having fun, traveling, and trying to do good things!
The pics show Anne and Evie having a great time with the "cuddle bug" an embossing tool for working with paper and John on New Year's day explaining some of his "lists" at dinner. I wish I could be "like John"--that is, more organized! Finally, Max and Shelia gave me a cup for Christmas showing the important thing about my native state--yep, cows are still important there.
3 comments:
I'm delighting in the good-spirited sound of this post...
Wil,
I have no authority vested in me by any state, but I want to take this time to officially declare that, by virtue of the way you have lived and continue to live, cancer's ass has definitively been kicked!
Though there will be battles, including ultimately some time for all of us to leave this planet in our current form, you have won the war. What an incredible victory; I'm glad I've witnessed it through this blog. I've learned a lot.
Keep on rockin' in 2011!
rich o.
So happy to hear/see that you are happy, active, positive and enjoying/appreciating your family, friends and life. Happy New Year! Love, Debbie
Post a Comment