.....and in fact gone by for another year. And believe me, I am so happy to have been a part of it for another year! We are so fortunate to have my son and daughter and her family just down the street. This year we were also glad to have Anne's son Michael and his fiance, Annie too fly in from NYC to join us. Not to mention the numerous holiday get-togethers with neighbors and friends.
Sometimes I feel a little like Jimmy Stewart in "It's a Wonderful Life" except that Uncle Billie didn't lose our money and I didn't jump into the rushing water. (Although I would have liked to get a "little tipsy" except that alcohol doesn't seem to interest me much anymore.) I guess my "loss" is me "catching the big C" and starting to feel a bit worse these days. Actually I feel pretty good and people always tell me I "look good", but I am so tired and much more run-down. Oh well, the "Wonderful Life" had a happy ending and I am still holding out hope that my story will have a happy ending also!
These last 2 plus years have been a very happy time for me! Lots of fun, travel, new ideas, and lots of intropection. Again, lots of friends, a great extended family, it has been wonderful. My Sister and her husband have moved back to Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, from the far out hills of Arkansas. I do hope this means I will visit there when the weather is warmer altho driving long distances by myself is a bit of a problem.
I have always enjoyed the cold weather and the change of seasons, but this year the cold coming so early seems to be more difficult. My friend John and my son Josh took me skiing last week to WISP in western Maryland where Anne's sister and family live. Unfortunately, between the cold and my shortage of breath, it was a tough and short ski time for me. I will try it again soon though as it is a great sport.
We were a bit surprised to go to a party at our friends, Pat and Joe, and discover a larger than life OU Bobcat mascot out front! I guess that is due Joe's being the OU baseball coach. Also included my daughters and I; a poor attempt at a self portrait of 2 Annies and Michael with Amy and Bob's "Mug present" to all of us; and Old Wil in the Library by the fire! So far a great holiday season. Hope it is been as good for all!
2 comments:
I see Michael and Annie are (were) there, Bob and Laia are at my home too (Bexley). Their flight has been cancelled for tomorrow morning because of the NYC blizzard. Have Michael/Annie left yet? By the way - the photo of you, Lili and Evie is PRICELESS! (and Wil, you DO look great!!) --Love, Debbie
Wil,
We too love the photo aforementioned by Debbie, That is a keeper!Skiing is the greatest sport and you are the greatest! Merry Christmas and Happy new year!!!Hope 2011 is healthy for all! Let's go ski!Enjoying your blogging...
Raymond
Post a Comment