Statcounter


View My Stats

Sunday, December 19, 2010

A record setting trip!







....unfortunately not in a good way. Our trip to Key West started out in a snowstorm in Columbus, a canceled flight requiring a night in Atlanta, a jog to Tampa and a 14 passenger prop flight to Key West. Finally!

So, we set records for LO temperatures in Key West on 14th and 15th--46 and 50 degrees. It was brutal! Yet somehow when I tell the people here in Ohio I get no sympathy? Overall, Key West is always fun, even cold. Sat at the pool with all my clothes on one day, altho it did become "Key West like" on the last day--in the 70s.

News in the health department is not encouraging. I feel tired most of the time and my breath is definitely shorter. I seem to have a nagging pain in my back on the "cancer side" altho it could be a muscle pain from coughing a lot. My doctor friend, Mark, asked me some time ago if my back was starting to hurt from the cancer spreading, so I do have that in the back of my mind.

It's funny, about a month or so I was really looking forward to skiing, but now that I am back I feel cold all the time--certainly makes me wonder about skiing. I may try a day trip sometime soon and see how it goes. In the meantime holidays coming and Michael (Annes son) and Annie (his fiance) are coming for Christmas. We will have a great time!

Well, in spite of my health complaints, I am still having a great life thanks to all my wonderful friends and relatives. I've enclosed a few pics of the Key West trip including a great breakfast at our favorite Blue Heaven, a pic of our condo owner Bruce's Athens News License plate at Half Shell bar, and Jack and I at the Schooner Wharf bar listening to Michael McCloud. Also couldn't resist my Annie and Evie having fun in the Ohio Snow!

Oh well, enough for now. The next few weeks are going to be a great time to celebrate and have fun with all. I hope to be right in there on the most fun part of it! Happy Holidays to All!

No comments: