Last week I was talking about all the dreams I had feeling better and even thinking about skiing--probably not out west, but at least in Maryland and West Virginia. Well, I still feel good but it turns out that I definitely am one tired old man! I am just shot if I don't get at least one nap during the day and two short ones is even better.
Then the first cold snap of winter hit and I have turned into a frosty old man. I seem to be quite chilled most of the time, especially my hands and fingers. Also the appetite seems to be lacking again and I have lost more weight. Maybe the coldness is all a result of my weight loss or perhaps it is once again "old age" creeping in. Aren't old people usually cold much of the time? I hope so as I don't want it to be cancer caused.
Today is the annual Athens Realty Holiday party and I have neither been very active in set-up nor as good as I should have been in getting out invitations. I have had a nap, however, so I think I can hold up nicely and it will be a good thing. It will be at the Eclipse Company Village an old coal mine company store that I used to be a part of.
Tomorrow, to continue the excitement, I am going to Columbus in order to have a "tune-up" on one of my eyes that had cataract surgery about a year ago. Currently I can't read or see well in the distance with that eye. It should go well according to all expectations.
At the moment I am "wrestling" with moving some pics of Roxie and I out in the first snow. Both in our back yard--one of them in front of the birdfeeders and our bamboo forest that is pesty, but shields us from the neighbors.
Hopefully my cold body will get used to the winter season and I can continue to enjoy the outdoors. Do try to get outside and have some fun.
1 comment:
Wil, hope the Athens Realty party went well! I always enjoyed going to them years ago. Good luck with the surgery today - keeping you in my thoughts!
Post a Comment