Statcounter


View My Stats

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bumpity, bumpity, bump........







....I thot I loved Delta Air Lines, but now I am not so sure! Flying to Key West my friend, Bruce, and I were offered a voluntary "Bump" meaning we got off our flight in Atlanta and waited 4 hours for the next flight to Key West. For this we were rescheduled to first class and given $400 in Delta dollars toward my next flight. A deal I would take anytime, so I did.

But when it came time to return on Thurs--the notice was that the flight is cancelled due to weather-- a storm in Atlanta. They called and said I was rebooked to MONDAY! Not acceptable.
I called back and they said I could go to Miami on Friday--on my "nickel". Not acceptable.
I thot it over and called back! This guy said I could go out on Saturday. Since Jack had left on another airline and Bruce was also going Sat he said I could stay 2 more days. So I did! I must say I did not feel so good at this point.

Now 2 more days in KW is always a good thing and it was. However, I had scheduled a different trip with a different group to Western Florida leaving at 7 am today (Sunday). I arrived in Athens last night at 8:30 pm out of pills and really tired! I was not able to go on the next trip today. All this due to Delta getting me back 2 days too late!

Enough complaining! Key West was--and always is--a great time. A time to be warm and not do much of anything on a schedule! I have enclosed a few pics. Starting with a KW sunset; one of the art installations; in front of the Southernmost Restaurant (they have a great bfast); old men in the pool; and one of the views from Susan's Condo (we even saw the Norwegian Ship we cruised to Alaska on!)

All in all a great time. I need to travel more. Florida again cause it is warm, but I might even go to Wisconsin to see my sister's new "digs" and get some "sisterly" words on what to do with the rest of my life. In the meantime, I am going to start the new clinical trial in early February and it will take lots of time and leave me feeling "puny" much of the time. Ah, but if you are reading this, you can go out and have a good time. So, help somebody and have a good time too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wil,
Give me a call if you need a ride up to Columbus next week or whenever.
Your in my evening prayers, can't hurt to put a good word in with whoever might be listening, even for yourself.
Best, Andy and Chris