




....Yep, I do have lots to be thankful for. Last week the 3 beautiful Ravassa (sp) sisters were in Athens visiting their Aunt Anne Walker and we all went to the CASA. Their parents--Anne Walker's sister and her husband--were so nice to us when we stayed with them for several weeks in Colombia. So great to meet the rest of the family.
Then Thanksgiving dinner at Lil's and afterward a much needed rest with the dogs and friend Emily in front of a football game! All of us were good Americans and ate way too much! Thot I would include Colin and Uncle Mike with Lil as well.
On Friday it was off to Western Maryland to Annes sis Amy (pictured w old wil) and hubby Bobs for the weekend. Always good food from their great new kitchen. Lots happens with three families and several visitors on hand. Thought I would include cute photo of Amy's grandson Grant captivated by a manger scene--as most little kids are.
According to Bob, the ski resort at Wisp near their house is only open on Thanksgiving about one in 3 years, and alas, this was not an open year! But believe it or not, I plan on doing some skiing again this year. Yep, I am still short of breath and way out of muscle shape, but darn it, even an old cancer ridden guy has to look forward to something.
I have been walking some with Roxy (she seems to get younger) to try to get in shape. It is just plain hard work especially days like today when it is snowing. I do feel much colder this year and I think it is due to my unfortunate weight loss. But this is no time to quit! In fact I did gain back 3 or 4 pounds over the weekend!
I am so thankful that I have lots of great friends and relatives and that I can get outdoors even in the winter. Truly a great time and just something else to be thankful for!
3 comments:
Hey, Wil! I am thankfful for reading your blog aloud to Rory as he lays on the floor smiling and cooing!
Looking forward to partying with you soon...
Let's try to ski on the Winter Soltice and Spring Equinox this year.....
Great blog Wil - yes you do have MUCH to be thankful for. Wonderful pictures. The three sisters are truly beautiful.
Post a Comment