
......well, I didn't die and I'm not even all that sick, but I am sure frustrated! I guess I am involved in a "perfect storm" of computer madness. I have 2 computers, a "real laptop" and this little toy model. After some days several things have become clear!
My laptop no longer goes with a wireless connection and thus I (remember the old computer illiterate) cannot use it here at home without some difficulty--namely unpluging Anne's connection and that will not go over. Not to mention the fact that my new (Dec) camera "froze" and had to be sent back. So, I am using this cute little notebook thing that gives me fits because my fingers are too big and it (for some strange reason) will not get my emails!!
But that only explains my illiterate computer operator problems--several have asked how I am doing health-wise and the answer is strange. I am still taking nice walks--altho not as many--with Roxie. As you can see from the pics above, this years snow above Athens was pretty. I even returned from one walk with a great bottle of homebrew which a neighbor gave me! I have also been skiing altho for shorter times--and, as promised, no ski pictures!
Basically, my condition seems to be deteriorating albeit slowly. Why? Well, I have lots more phlem in my lung and sometimes a nasty cough which doesn't really clear it out. I also have been sick for the past 5 days or so with a nasty cold--but that is leaving my slowly now. Tomorrow I am back to Columbus to see doc and get another nasty chemo. "Nasty" seems to be the word of the day here.
Many would argue that mentioning bad news, eg deteriorating health, is not a good idea. I disagree for two reasons: one, this is an honest, reporting blog and, even more importantly, I hope to write in the near future that some symptoms have improved and I feel better! In the meantime, I am still talking to people and looking at various things that will help me. Not the least of which is "body work" from several people. One thing is very clear, I simply cannot take everybody's advice and cure. I must pick and choose that which feels best to me in all ways.
I will continue work with my main way of retaining sanity in these troubled times for me. Stay busy! I am still working on lots of things and going to fun events with lots of good people. I would urge anybody, sick or not, to do the same. Have fun and help various "causes" along the way.
4 comments:
I hope the homebrew is delicious. And, I love the sunrise/snow over Athens. Roxy gets you up earlier than our dog gets us up!
Great post, Wil. Love your honest and realistic reporting. Glad to hear you've been busy and been enjoying walks with Roxie. All has been well here on our side of the world. We wish you the best, as ever.
Sincerely,
Wenda
Wil - Definitely report the bad with the good. The ups and the downs. Most of us are facing health problems as we get older and your grace and dignity are an inspiration to us all.
We're pulling for you, Wil. And, unlike the line from A Few Good Men, we CAN handle the truth. So keep it coming so we can keep trying to help you handle it too.
Love and support!
Post a Comment