


.....is the one I was using last week in all the snow. This is the kind of goofy thinking that one has while laboring under the idea that "the days are numbered." In fact, all kinds of thoughts like this tend to run through one's mind. I won't need any more shirts 'cause I won't wear them out in a short time. Or shoes, or cars, or coats, or whatever.
Now all those loved ones around me--and my own common sense--tells me that that kind of thinking is not only stupid, but certainly negative and a damn bad idea. In fact, when first diagnosed in Aug 2008, I thought it was the end of my skiing among other things. But--although somewhat less time per day than I skied last year--I went to Snowshoe, WVa, last week. And although cold and I was not sking well, it was still beautiful and fun. But...was this the beginning of the end (my last skiing!) along with snow shovels and clothes?
So, just to have more "fun in the cold", my son, Josh, and I went to Wisp Ski Resort in Md yesterday and I skied just fine!! When I was done skiing, my snow boots fell apart and I had to buy a new pair of shoes for the snow! I guess that all helps to prove that one need never be "done" with anything.
What's next? Who knows. I have agreed to participate in the OSU National Medicine Clinical Trial although I have not heard when it will start. I must admit to lots of second thoughts which I want to pursue in my next blog. Like why after all these years, can't modern medicine have more than mere "tests" and trials?
I need to rest now, for tomorrow I might just feel good enough to take another trip--physically and mentally!
2 comments:
Hey Wil,
Looks like skiing was a good time....You look great in all the pics! I need to hit the slope sometime soon, it's been too long. Perhaps with Mike and Annie.
Keep thinking positive and positive things will happen. You're in my thoughts and I'm rooting for you!
All my best,
Bob
Beautiful pictures Wil. I've tried skiing and snowboarding each once, and my abilities call for that helmet you have. Sorry to read about your recent difficulties and I'm pulling for a smashing clinical trial success. There's much love in the world for you; I'm sure you're reminded every day by those you see. There's more you don't see.
rich o.
Post a Comment