Statcounter


View My Stats

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Could this good looking lad.........




......be negative?? Well, I dunno, but on rereading the last blog I can see why several people have told me that it was quite the opposite of positive. I really didn't mean it that way.

So now I am preparing mentally and physically for my visits next week to the two very different doctors I have at OSU. I was all set to pull the trigger on clinical trials (and I still might) when a friend gave me the Suzanne Somers book, "Knockout". Now, before you discount it offhand as I originally did, let me give my "read" on this thing.

Yep, she is some kind of a model(?) or actress(?) or something like that--not a trained medical person. But I gave it a chance and it certainly has given me something to think about! I certainly disagree with some parts and get confused by other parts, but it is well reasoned and quite open-minded in giving many different avenues for treating and preventing cancer.

Many contrasting ideas--meat:no meat/fruit:no fruit--some combining ideas with the medical establishment and some only following so-called alternative ideas. No "one way" just lots to think about. And here is the main thing I am thinking about! I have had harsh chemo for 4 months (gave me neuropothy in my feet so I have to take "semi-helpful" pills each day) and then Avastin for a year. The oncologist said the we weren't even sure that it worked according to the research--it did not work! Even at over $30,000 for each treatment!!

Some of the various alternative doctors interviewed in the book say they have cured cancer! When pressured to explain, they readily admit that doesn't mean they can cure everyone, maybe just 30% or 30-50% or some higher. Contrast this with my oncologists(2) who have told me time and time again that there is no cure! No only that but they give me 5 years to live at the outside! And I have already done 1 and 1/2.

So, if I was negative last week, this week I am certainly feeling very positive!! Yes, I still have the pains in my side, but I feel a bit better. I also have the feeling that maybe there is something out there that could work! Believe me I am really doing lots of thinking this week!!!

Enough of this for tonight, for I must get ready to go play tomorrow. One could easily guess what I am going to do in Maryland for the day, but I promise there will be no pictures!


Commentary is always welcome--especially on this blog--but for others, my email is still chandler@athens-realty.com

1 comment:

km.macartney@gmail.com said...

Keep doing your thing Wil, you make a lot of people smile.
~Megan