Statcounter


View My Stats

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Happiness is two puppies........




......Evelyn and a trampoline! Although actually 2 dogs-- but they used to be puppies!

And goodness knows I need some "happiness". This week I have seen 4 doctors and I see one again tomorrow! Let me give the short story!

Monday was at OSU to talk to the oncologist. Went pretty well--talked mostly about doing clinical trial and the lower pain in my right side. OK, start the trial soon and the lower pain cannot be explained so I should see a specialist!

Well, my first "specialist" is always my long time doctor and good friend Mark who was able to see me upon return to A-town and after looking me over got an appt with a surgeon. Surgeon says "I also don't know what that is but let's empty you out and get a look." Ouch! I have been this route before! So yesterday the condemned man ate a hearty supper and only liquids today including some really fun drinks to "clean me out"!

Went back to Columbus last night to check out a meeting of the "living with lung cancer" group. Big Problem: they moved the meeting and nobody knew where! Sometimes OSU is just too damn big and confusing! No food today and a visit to the Integrative Doctor. My blood work shows that I still have some problems---in spite of taking more supplements than an experimental monkey--apparently my diet is still not "right"!

So besides lots of doctors and trips to Columbus all I am going to get for sure this week is a pain in the ass--tomorrow morning at 10:30! I have gone through this before, but it could certainly ruin a guy's weekend.

Kind of a lost week in some ways, but I have learned things. I don't feel very bad for a guy who not only hasn't eaten, but is definitely "cleaned out". Then this evening "In Comes Evelyn" with her enthusiasm and ideas. Before she and her mother went back home she had to try out Grannie Annies new excercise trampoline!

Nothing like a Grandaughter to lift one's spirits! I am ready to learn more things tomorrow and hopefully to see Evelyn afterward. Good times they are a coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow. Sorry about the support group glitch. That can be annoying when you've driven all the way there for a meeting.
Evelyn is gorgeous and is probably the very best medicine. Always thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

i've been thinking about some very sage advice you once gave me about teenage sons.

although i haven't called lately, i just wanted to let you know that yes--- i'm thinking about you!
Maureen