Life is what happens when you are busy making plans! A year ago, I was really scared, confused, wondering what happens next and thinking of getting a will together and so forth.
Today I am much more traveled, still scared, but feeling very humble that I have had such good help and support from so many friends and relatives--including people I didn't even know. Just yesterday, a friend took me to Columbus for yet another medical procedure. This time a gum operation....painful "little" thing right now, but I await better results.
Back to the Humble part. I feel very strange that "all of a sudden" I seem not to be showing cancer. I don't really feel much different. I still have a constantly plugged sinus, bad gums (maybe not for long), a constant pain in my side from the pleurodisis(sp) operation, and very little feeling in my toes called neuropathy(again sp). But, no cancer at this time!
Friends, relatives once again step forward to congratulate me. (Did I do this?) It is really sweet to have so much support. But, I am scared. How can it be gone? This was "not cureable." The big scare is thinking too much about "is it really gone?" If so, when will it come back? I'll bet this is a pretty common reaction for people in my position. Now, enough of this thinking!
I have had such a difficult/great year, reorienting my life, ideas, and way of living. If this damn cancer shows up again, I will be able to deal with it! In the meantime, I will continue to deal with my other ailments, but mostly to live life to the fullest. I will try to help others, travel, even go back to work a bit--and have fun with all of it!!
5 comments:
You go!
Hi Wil,
What wonderful news!!!
And you look great too!
I do feel strongly that a person's attitude and the emotional support of a loving family and good friends does a lot to help im getting better. And you sure have a lot of both!
It had been a long time since my last visit on your blog, summer is always a slow computer time for me... I love all the pictures.
I hope you continue to get better and look forward to reading your updates on your blog.
Take care,
Marcel
Hi Wil,
Still loving the blog from northern Ohio. Like others, I've enjoyed all the pictures and the stories of parts unknown, including Detroit.
Most of all, thrilled with your terrific medical news. I'd like to use the converse of an old line, and recommend you go ahead and buy some green bananas. More days of Wil on the planet = better planet.
rich o. and gang
You are an inspiration for us all Wil!
Enjoy it Wil!!
Post a Comment