Statcounter


View My Stats

Friday, August 21, 2009

whatdidya do this summer Grampa?





Yeah? a really good question. I have had one heck of a busy summer and I am really glad to be back in "sunny little Athens"!

But before all that, in order to stay in the "grandparents fraternity" I must include some pics taken when Evelyn and I went out to visit "Dr Livingston" and one of his livestock.

But about my summer. I think that we may have overdone the travel a bit....

Three trips to three exotic areas was a lot! First Hawaii, then Colombia, and last week there was Detroit (more about that after I get some pics). All great trips and very enjoyable in their own ways. Every since my army days in Eritera, Africa, I thought I could never get too much travel.... perhaps I have had enough this summer! I am so glad to be home for a few months!

We planned all of these trips while my health was still under a "dire forecast" for recovery. It is really interesting how I feel after my last CTscan and doctor visit. Basically, I don't seem to "trust it"! How could there not be evidence of cancer? Maybe so, but two different oncologists (always a happy group!) told me the cancer would return.

I am very happy with the last visit and interpretation. However, I find myself thinking, in the words of Dr Doom, my first oncologist-- that to think the cancer would go away is way too optimistic! So now I have all kinds of "referred pain." If I am tired, it must be "cancer fatigue". If my stomach is upset, maybe the cancer has gone there, and so forth!

I need to get with and stay with the supplement and mental program established by the integrative doctor! I, wil, will do that and soon too. I also want to talk very soon about the wonderful time in Detroit with relatives gathered from all over the country--all in good time.

No comments: