Statcounter


View My Stats

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Back in the land of shorts and sunglasses........








No kidding, we returned late Monday night from Colombia where we saw very few people with shorts and sunglasses! As my NYC friends might say, "go figga".

We had a great time in Colombia, people friendly--especially Manuel and Karla who we stayed with most of the time. The weather was great--maybe a little warm. Of course we spent some of the time out of our "comfort level" since we don't speak Spanish. We did have the good fortune to be with fluent speakers, but it sure makes one realize how our large country keeps us from other language knowledge--maybe I am not too old to try to learn Spanish.

Where does one begin to describe such an exotic, comfortable trip full of mental and actual pictures? Yet a trip that shows new things and ideas--isn't that why one travels? We were in Cali and Medellin with side trips to several country spots including a beautiful B and B where Juan Valdez actually did a publicity photo--and as anybody can see, they tried to get me to be the "new Juan".

Another highlight was the visit to Medellin, including wonderful monorail train and then tram ride up mountain to see hills, houses, new library in poor section and have Dr Livingston interpret murals--capped by downtown visit to famous Botero museum. I could go on and on, but how boring can "vacation photos" be? I quit for now.

On Monday the 10th I have another chemo and an interpretation of the CT scan I had today--oh I hope it is good news! Then on to another exotic vacation spot for a long weekend in Detroit!!
It will be a great gathering of the "Chandler" relatives on my birthday (August 15--hey, those of the Catholic faith better not forgot to go to church!).

That's it, enough! (But I do wonder how I can ever understand and discuss my recent reads, "100 years of Solitude" and "The Tipping Point"--both weird in their own way!) Love and kisses to all.

2 comments:

km.macartney@gmail.com said...

Really enjoyed the photos, glad you had a lovely time.
~Megan

MWales said...

What a great trip you had! Thanks for sharing your great photos and reflections. See you around, Juan de Athens. :)