


.....but wait, this is Colombia (not Columbia, wil!).
The sky, land, flowers, etc all remind me of the Africa I saw in various movies including "Out of Africa". It is beautiful and they knew I was coming. Lots of things! Too many to write about tonight!
I do feel right at home, the bamboo is just like the ones in my backyard on East State street--maybe a little bigger.
I have run into Dr Livingston who is educating me about everything as retired Profs do--see pics. (Also Juan Valdez, but that is another blog). We are eating all kinds of weird, but delicious fruit. Like the pic of chirimoya or "anon" which is in the pawpaw family--keeping with the Southeast Ohio "pawpaw thing".
They also already have a statue of me at one of the historic houses. I guess my impotence was even noted here! We traveled up to "coffee country" and had a great time, but boy am I tired tonight. I will have to give my opinion on that another time.
Tomorrow we are off to Medellin at 5:30 am via Avianca Air so no danger as usual--in fact, it seems quite safe here. However, I do plan on a minimum of baggage. More after some days!

3 comments:
Looks like you're all having a great time (despite luggage woes)!
Keep up the photos, can't wait to see more dr. suessian fauna and fruit.
Much love and safe travels!
Glad to see you are having a good trip with Dr. Livingston.
John&Mary
Did you mean OMNIPOTENCE?
Post a Comment