....always ask you questions!
I love to learn about other people and what makes them "tick"! Come to think of it, I love to learn about what makes me "tick"! Let's ask questions and get some answers.
Lately, lots of people have been inquiring as to my health and I really appreciate it. Sometimes I feel like I did last fall. You know, if you saw this blog--something like "the end is near"! But lately I feel a little more like some sort of a fraud since I am doing so well.
Hell, I've got hair again (almost felt it blow in a wind) and, as a friend told me, my mustache has come back with a vengeance! My toes are swollen and painful but this really does not slow me down. So, am I going to die? Sure, but not as soon as the oncologists imply.
The gluten free diet would not be my favorite eating 'habit', but I think it will help and the integrative doctor is so positive. Last week I went to the OSU dental clinic and mouth doctor (what are they called?) discovered that my sore tongue is caused by a kind of thrush! I sure wish the oncologists would have thought to check for this last September!
Back to Columbus on Monday for 1) bloodwork, 2) oncologist, 3) avastin, 4) periodontist (a different doctor to check out gum recession), and 5) Integrative doctor and dietitian. What a day this will be! Oh well, it is certainly better then 3, 4, or 5 separate trips!
Some have said that I travel all the time these days--either Columbus or a trip to comewhere!
Not quite, I am enclosing a picture showing "me in downtown Athens"--(thanks to a Jerry Schaffer painting). I am here lots, in fact even doing some real estate showings as I agonize over my taxes.
I am having lots of enjoyment these days. As my dad's son often says, "If you have something that you want to do, and you can do it--why wouldn't you?!?"
2 comments:
Wil:
Congratulations on your UCM Award... I just read about it in the paper, you sure are a busy guy!
Love,
Maureen
Wil IS a busy guy and way too humble for his own good some times. UCM was thrilled to give him the Social Justice Award for his devotion to and support of so many important organizations. Seriously. He is a HUGE reason why Athens is so damn special. Almost makes me want to buy another house from you. :)
xoxo
Melissa
Post a Comment