



.....you have to have in your feet! This one comes not from my dad, but his sister, Aunt Evelyn!
Judging from all the walking in New York, I must not have too much in my head. We walked lots of places and except for the subway and the lunch cruise on the Hudson we seemed to be walking all the time!
We walked around the Bronx Zoo--a delighful treed park in the middle of The Bronx.
We walked down to 34th and Lexington to watch the Barnum and Bailey Elephants walk up 34th street to Madison Sq Garden--quite cold at midnight!
We walked all over looking for things to buy/Highline Park/the UN/Chrysler Bldg/numerous museums/delis'/restuarants/etc.
We didn't walk on the Hudson River although the dinner cruise around the harbor was one of the highlights of the trip. We did walk to Grand Central Terminal (many times) and then took a walking tour of the terminal--another high point!
Now my feet are in trouble again! My toes either hurt or feel like clubs and I hope it was caused by all that walking! Of course, the "dark side" of my mind can always "conjure" up other things: perhaps since the chemo caused this, it may never go away; could be the old age catching up; maybe this is another cancer manifestation and will get worse; perhaps the new supplements I am taking cause it! .....and on and on.
But I refuse to dwell on the dark side. This foot thing is bearable and I am looking for it to go away! In the meantime, let's all continue to have fun at home and plan more trips.
Me? I'll be traveling to Columbus for more doctor appts--April 1, 6 and 11 so far with more to come no doubt.
thanks for listening...
2 comments:
Wil: These blogs are getting better and better - especially with the photos of the cute couple. Didn't you used to have a column in one of the papers? You're missing your calling. Tom Walker
Ya, my feet hurt when I am in New YOrk too! YOu should have called Andrew while you were there. We are off to London May 2 - 23 and I hope my hips hold up (arthritis); we have a free place to stay, and as Dick says we better go while we still can. AFter we get back and Anne is out of school you're coming to dinner. Meanwhile, hang in there my friend with that damn chemo. Judy McGinn
Post a Comment