Of course that is another of my dad's sayings. Well before the advent of car washes we used to wash our cars in the garage during the Wisconsin winters. And damn if it wasn't true!
I had to think of that this weekend as our house is one roughed up mess. The last cold spell burst a kitchen pipe and ruined the kitchen floor. So this week the floor has been getting refinished. The polyurethene fumes were so bad that we couldn't sleep Thursday night! Friday morning, Anne had a great idea. We'd go on vacation.
So, I contacted our friends who have a bed and bfast in a restored Victorian home next to downtown Nelsonville, Ohio! Nelsonville is a potentially sweet little town only 13 miles away with a Victorian town square including a restored opera house. It was a novel idea and a sweet mini-vacation just up the road. It was a great time and we are so grateful.
Tonight we are back in our unclean house with all its mess and a little bit of residue fumes--but tomorrow it will be "restored to greatness"--sort of and I am certain it will "run better".
Tomorrow is another chemo and blood day in Columbus and I will hear the results of Thursday's CTscan. I did not feel so good for part of the weekend and that always brings up lots of thoughts:
1) am I just sick from some virus, etc; 2) is the cancer starting to "win"; 3) am I just a tired old man; or 4) am I having an adverse reaction to my new supplements? Lots of things pop in and out of one's head!
However, I have decided today that I am quite well (except maybe a little bit of #4) and going to continue to visualize my recovery from this nasty phase of my life and go on to have more fun and travels!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There's lots of nasty "bugs" going around right now. I don't think I've talked to one person that hasn't gotten one thing or another. You've been so busy, I would go with the "tired old man" excuse, now I just have to find mine!
~Megan
Post a Comment