Statcounter


View My Stats

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Didja ever not respond to a phone call, letter, or email.....




......for so long that you didn't know where to start? Or felt so guilty for not responding that you didn't know how to start?

Well, I don't feel any of that! I have just been damn busy living life and having lots of fun.

So, my "sniffles" of last week became a doggone sinus infection giving me a headache and very sore eye. But, no stopping there. Anne's family showed up for our celebration of "whatever" and I put on some shades and partied with them. 10 of us in our house. It was grand!

Josh, Lili, Colin and Evelyn joined us as well. Anne's greatnephew, Grant, realized what a wonderful day it was and tried his darndest to get through the screen door(pic). And we had a group of 12 for the Sunday services at the Casa Nueva Restuarant!

I am afraid to go back and read my recent Blog entrys. Too much negative venting, I bet! This will be a positive entry all the way. I feel much better, the sun is shining and it will be 70 tomorrow.

Four doctor appointments in Columbus in the next two weeks, but that isn't bad. I'll end up with great gums, no eye problems, and cancer on the run! I am booked to go to NYC, Wisc, Hawaii, and thinking of many other great trip ideas. Spring is here and there are many fine parties to go to, be MC at, and even festivals with the real Willie Nelson. I need to think more about it, but without this "cancer thing" I might not be nearly as excited about doing things and going places.

And at this stage of my life, I only want the gift of things I can go to....or maybe eat.....

wil

One other thing, at our Easter Dinner, I was noticing my friend Chris and his dad at the next table and thinking how little his dad looked compared to him. Since then, several people have pointed out how small I look next to my son in the last blog!! oh well...

chandler@athens-realty.com

4 comments:

Richard Gilbert said...

Hi Wil,

Sorry to learn about your illness, finally, but glad to read your blog and look forward to new posts. Rick Duff and Russell Chamberlain updated me. Tell Rick and Linda to get you some good fresh eggs from the hens I gave them!

MWales said...

You're a BIG personality and a tall man in your own right, but next to your son, wow - you're downright short! :) Still, you remain an inspiration and one of my all time favorite Athenians and I love to read your blogs. Keep the faith, my friend! :)

Number One said...

Sorry, Pop. Maybe you fed me too much.

Amy R. said...

You could always stand next to Colin in future pictures; then you'll look GIANT!

Lynn L. sent us the website for the Hawaii condo...OMG! It's so beautiful!