Statcounter


View My Stats

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Is this as good as one will feel all day long?



During my continuing quest for a reverse "bucket list" (that is, small time bucket list!), I have been off doing things that I haven't done before. I have been feeling well except for the nuropothy (can't seem to spell those medical things) in my feet probably increased by too much walking in the City. But wait Wil, haven't you been to NYC before? Hell yes, but the idea here is to do things one hasn't done before while there. So, let me tell you about some of them.

We flew in to LGA, then bus and subway into midtown and at some point discovered we left Anne's favorite scarf at security in Columbus--we actually were able to get it back on the return flight!

The list is long of what we did and saw and I am going to bore myself and others with pics next time, but a few details here! The weather was cold but nice--some pics here of the "Russians" I was hanging out with....

For this blog, I wanted to paraphrase the old Dean Martin (everybody does remember him, right?) saying. It went something like this: "If you don't ever drink too much, when you wake up in the morning, that's as good as you are going to feel all day!"

Did we drink too much--no, no, no. First the scarf being lost and then found! Then while we were taking a relaxing break at Grand Central Terminal, we left Anne's leather jacket on a chair while we went to a completely different area for an hour and had lunch. Discovered jacket missing. Panic. Off to look for it and of course it was gone! Off to the lost and found and lo and behold someone had turned in this beautiful black leather jacket! In the terminal in New York City!!!!

This is where "ole Dino's" saying comes in. We both felt elated to recover the jacket, and later the scarf. In fact, we felt better than we did before we lost them! Just like the drunk losing his hangover. I still can't believe someone in the city actually turned the jacket in.

Now I do have some things to report about the trip, but I think all meetings last too long, most plays go too long, most conversations are too wordy, etc, and most bloggers blog on too long!
So I get to write another short blog about NYC in the near future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob shared all of the photos with me the morning after the "late-night march" (I won't reveal what that is so you can share the experience in your next blog). I, too, was wondering about the Russians - but, hey, they looked friendly enough! Anyway, you look fantastic - as does Anne - and yes, we do need to reconnect. It has been far too long. I just returned from Naples, am re-adjusting to waking up early for work, attempting to gather all my tax info for the accountant, etc. - so give me a week to get everything settled, and I will call to meet up.
Love, Debbie

Awni said...

did you really give your camera to someone in the city to take your picture? tsk. tsk.

Number One said...

I think it was Sinatra, Dad.
"I pity people who don't drink. When they get up in the morning, that's the best they feel all day."

-JC