LIKE A HAIR IN A BISCUIT!
The first picture in this blog shows how "tough" I look these days.
The second picture--wherever it ends up on this post, shows how the "tough" start out all happy before they realize it is zero degrees and windy!
People seem to like pictures and since pictures of the OSU Medical Center and the staff aren't available, I threw these two in.
I have been having a good time working on an "ex post facto bucket list". If you haven't seen the movie the "Bucket List", you should. I am trying to do lots of interesting, learning, and fun things although at this point there is no real list or schedule. In no particular order, I have been
learning more and more about eating healthier, the importance of all exercise (eg yoga) in whole health, having breakfast at the CASA, dinner with friends, the great Mongolian Throat Singers, skiing of course, and many other planned trips to NY, DC, and even warmer climes.
I probably won't become a vegetarian real soon, but I am moving in that direction. Let me put it this way, if several doctors tell you that you have an incurable disease something must be done to prove them wrong. I go for chemo every three or four weeks and get nothing in between!
I am going to survive this disease and prove these characters wrong! If eating right and learning to breathe and exercise properly will make me a survivor, I'm into it!
So, early in the morning, I'm off to Columbus for the "long waits" at the OSU cancer center. I have learned to make the most the "off time" in the many rooms there. Readying questions, reading, and now I will be working on my latest projects--demonstrating survivorship skills and growing hair!
Always remember, "time really does fly when you're having fun" and I definitely plan on having more and more fun as well as the time to have it!
No comments:
Post a Comment