Statcounter


View My Stats

Saturday, January 8, 2011

....traveling on to warmer weather




.....I hope. Yep, I'm going to Key West with the usual suspects--Jack and Bruce! It will be warmer than last time and sunny too!! I will not be able to make snow angels with Evie, but I would rather bike about Key West. The pic is of Jack and I in front of the units where we stay--"Susan's Key West Condos".

Last Monday Josh and I went to the doctor in Columbus and the news really wasn't good. I had a CTscan and it showed an increase of the cancer in the lung and some involvement in the liver. So, we cut out the medicine (Chemo) pill I was taking and are looking toward a different clinical trial. It should start in early February with 4 days straight in good old Columbus. Then several days later, I come back--and so it goes! I really don't like all the trips to Columbus, but I feel this is the best alternative at the moment.

So at the moment I am medicine-less except for the fun fish oil, vit B, Calcium, etc which the integrative doctor recommends. I am doing pretty well on all of this. Still quite short of breath with some "inside" pains, but I am well enough to travel and looking forward to it. In fact after I return on Thursday, I am going traveling again next Sunday as well.

I am still really doing quite well for the condition I am supposed to be in. Out to eat last night with Lili, Colin, and Evie and we had a great time. Gotta go pack now although the biggest item seems to be all the pills I need to take. Then again, maybe the fish oil, etc has extended my little life for some months or years(?).

Let's all continue to have a good time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my dad summarized old age was when the medicine took up more room in the suitcase than the clothes. pack accordingly.
rich o.

Anonymous said...

Big hugs, Wil! Enjoy your travels! We're thinking of you.
Xoxo,
Annie2

Anonymous said...

Hi Wil, I was thinking of you and wanted to get an update on your new treatment. I guess you havent' started it yet. I hope it will make you feel better. Love you and wish you well. We'll see you soon. Amy