
.......but now I don't know what to think! Last Monday, I arrived as directed at the James Cancer Center and the clinician who told me I would be starting the clinical test wasn't available!!
Well, my doctor showed up and told me that that I wasn't eligible for the trial they tested me for and said I was ready to start on Monday. All bad news. The good news is that he said we are going to do it anyhow "off study". The head nurse my dear Jocelyn came in and told me that it probably would take up to 2 weeks to get insurance company approval--more bad news!
Well, turns out that 2 days later the pills were shipped via Fed Express---great news! So, I started taking the pills--a hour after eating and 2 hours before eating, twice a day. Well, so far these pills have left me feeling not well and pretty run down! Bad news, I guess--or maybe I will get better.
Anyhow I have been coughing a lot and not feeling better so I sure hope that situation reverses sometime in the near future. A little bit of good news is that the Martha Morehouse James Cancer center now has music! On Monday it was a flute and keyboard doing show tunes, really nice! See pic.
This weekend was Homecoming at OU and a good time was had by all. Even a Wil who didn't feel all that well. I have enclosed a pic of me with Kasey(Colin's dog) waiting for the parade to start and a picture with one of the cutest one year olds ever. Anne's great niece and her sister Amy's grandaughter--a real doll.
Well, enough for tonight. I am still working on a trip to Northern Michigan. Beautiful country!
1 comment:
Just wanted to let you know, Wil, that I continue to enjoy your blog regularly. I imagine the leaves are pretty amazing in the area right now, and it looks like A-town had a great day for a Homecoming Parade. Keep enjoying eacy day, and here's a vote for the new pills doing some good work. Thanks for continuing the blog, it's nice to stay connected with your adventures, travels, trials, and stories.
rich o.
Post a Comment