Statcounter


View My Stats

Monday, October 25, 2010

I know where I have been.....





.....I just didn't feel good. Actually, I still haven't been feeling very well. So, that always leads me to the usual questions. Am I just ill? or is it the cancer showing up more and more? Or perhaps the fact that I am getting to be an old person? I vote against all of the above--well, maybe the cancer a bit. Anyhow, I think this lack of interest in food, headache, sore muscles, itchy scalp, and tired feeling all day long are most related to the new chemo, Nexavar. I think it is a chemo but I really don't understand "chemo or not".

Anyhow, did manage to take a trip to Northern Michigan with my friend and yoga boss, Linda, although we really work on "breathing" more than yoga. Oh yeah, Northern Michigan. She went to see a friend in Kelava--I love the sound of that little Finnish community name. I went on to the "Empire" which is a little village almost in the middle of the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Seashore. Anyhow, my friends Lanny and Lea Ann built a beautiful house high over Lake Michigan. I have enclosed a few "self-portraits" of me at the Dunes and at the beach near Empire. Also a pic of two old guys at Lanny's fireplace, he is almost exactly my age. It is always nice to make contact and remember our days as little boys running around Crystal Lake, Wisconsin.

They even have a great guest quarters for me called the "Snug". Should have been ideal, except for only Friday wasn't rainy and I felt ill the whole time. Brought home the realization that from now on I can only travel with another driver. Linda had to drive most of the way back.

So now I am home--feels good to be home. However, I still don't feel well--no dog walk and several "doze offs" in the easy chair today. Actually after Anne making a good meal tonight and some homemade ice cream, I feel better than I have felt all day. ......and the days can only get better.

1 comment:

Lanny said...

I made your bolg again. I feel like a celebrity. You left just at the right time. After you left a big storm came in off the lake with 70mph winds and the electricty went off for three days! We're just getting sorted out. Glad to see from your next blog that you are feeling better. Next time you come be sure to bring Roxie.