Statcounter


View My Stats

Friday, October 1, 2010

A good time was had by all.....







at the Lili and Colin Wedding!

Last Saturday was the big day for all of us as it was "wedding time" outside at the Dairy Barn Cultural Arts Center in sunny Athens. Many, many people were there and all in a good-looking, festive mood. They had lots of food, great cakes, lots of celebration drinks including a "whiskey fountain"--see pic of Colin getting a drink while Anne tries to get her camera rolling. They had a great band although because the evening became quite cool and I am not feeling that well, unfortunately I had to leave early.

It was truly a great event and many of our relatives showed up from long distances including Annes son Michael and Annie too, Anne's sister and Bob, my sister and Ted, her son Bob and Dawn, and her daughter Mindy. It was so great of them to travel long distances since Athens is on the way to just about nowhere! It was great to see them and meet Colin's relatives as well.

Since I have been blogging, I have struggled with pictures and their placement so today I have decided to just throw in several pics and let them "fall where they may". If anyone has questions about who is who, they can email me at the usual chandler@athens-realty.com or use a guess! I have included a great pic of Lil and Uncle Mike.

As for my health, I had an upset stomach for most of the weekend. Was it "nerves", old age, or the damn cancer. Well, who can say! At any rate, I will start my new clinical trial next week as I am not on anything right now. This is an Ohio State Test and is given in pill form once a day. I will then need to check in with them every few weeks to see how we are doing. It will not be a placebo.

There was an article in the Columbus Dispatch featuring my oncologist last Sunday. Among other things he pointed out that even though lung cancer cases are way up, the national institutes of health funding still lags behind breast cancer research by more than 50%! Speaking as one selfish individual, I sure wish more could be done. The breast cancer people seem so organized and everywhere. I have given up looking for a cure, I just want something to make me feel better and stay that way.

Oh well, as anybody can see and tell, I am still out there kicking and having a good time. Stay well and keep in touch. love, goodwil

1 comment:

Debbie Clary said...

Thank you, Wil, for sharing some of Lili's wedding photos on your blog. I know much joy and happiness was shared by all. As I have mentioned before, sometime when you are in Columbus, please call and stop by (740-591-6560 cell). And please know you are regularly in my thoughts and prayers. Love --Debbie