Statcounter


View My Stats

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What if a person.......




....didn't worry? I guess that would really be sweet. And I am certain (at least for myself) that we all have things to "worry"about.

I went skiing for one brief day last week in Pennsylvania and worried the whole time about how badly I skied! Oh well, interesting little place anyhow--cold and snowy. Fun to try it again each year although I probably won't be able to ski again until January.

Went to the Oncologist(s) on Monday and told them that for the first time I could feel my "deterioration". I have more pain in my side (right lung) and I cough a lot, especially when I breathe deeply. Well now, given the recent past I thought they would comment on how that would continue, but not so. They indicated how well I have done in almost 1 & 1/2 years--better than most. We will have a CTscan end of the month and another meeting with them 4 January.

So...I am left to take my supplements (from the integrative doc) with a renewed vigor and to worry about what is next! Now, everybody--including me--says, "don't worry, it won't do any good"! Other people have told me how they like the positive blogs (thanks). But some worry must come into every life and this seems to be one of my times.

I really don't know what to do, but I think some worrying may lead to more productive thinking and a continued positive approach toward actually beating this unbeatable disease. There are always options for anything we can do and I need to examine all possibilities and continue to choose as best I can.

For starters, Anne and I are leaving on Saturday for Key West and a relaxing fun time in a place we both enjoy. That always brings out a fun report for me!

Please continue to have a wonderful Holiday Season.

5 comments:

Christine said...

Hey Wil... you're looking so well and it's always a pleasure to see you as at the always-fabulous Christmas Gala at Eclipse! So many people love you and are cheering you and Annie on! Way to go. I also appreciate the honesty in your blogging; including fears and triumphs. I guess that's the "life thing," warts and all! Enjoy Key West!

Lanny said...

Be careful not to get pecked by any wild chickens!

Debbie Clary said...

Merry Christmas to you and Anne.
Enjoy your vacation!
--Love, Debbie

Anonymous said...

Wil, We wish you were feeling better, but you know that. We look forward to your return, but hope you and Anne have a great time in Key West. We know that everyone in your company will feel better because you are there. All the best, to everyone, but especially to Wil. -- Frank Myers ------

Anonymous said...

Hey Wil,
You always hit on some good themes in your blog. It seems easier to intentionally worry about something changeable than to not worry at all. It would appear you've done a great job in working on the things you can change in dealing with the cancer. I'm not familiar with the backstory, but I also hope you aren't pecked by wild chickens.
rich o.