
.......I don't know how much more intense I could get!
As you can tell by the expression and the picture's label, this is clearly, "serious business"!
Why? Well, as anybody reading these blogs can see, I am fighting an "incurable illness" for my life. The thing is, I think I am winning. I was diagnosed 17 months ago and have not started that slide down the slope to "worser" health! In fact, I feel pretty damn good except for lots of aches, pains, and soreness.
Cancer? Oh maybe, but more likely the result of lots of physical labor and the fact that I am 66 years old! (Now, how I got to be so old I can't figure out?) Although I try to "play a lot younger than I am." I still do lots of walking every day--usually with Roxie, the wonder dog, do a bit of yoga (badly), and have recently been taking pilates. All hard work, but all lots of enjoyment!
Early in this process, I had to quit working at real estate, but lately have been somewhat more active again. I have tried lots of things: funny movies, meditation, looking for hobbies, even gone so far as to clean up and clear out the garage--I got a good start, but that's about all. I forgot to mention lots of travel, which seems to be about the only thing I have been consistent with!
What if I hadn't shown up with a serious illness? Would I still be working full time? Would I be having fewer aches and pains? Would I be having more fun? Well, I don't know about the first questions, but I don't think I would be having "more fun". I am not only having fun and a good life these past few months, but I have been able to reflect to a wonderful degree on what a great life I have had and am having!!!!
Like I said earlier, "This is serious business," but there is no reason for me to be any more serious than I have been!
1 comment:
Hi Wil,
I am writing to you through your step sons best friend Robert Caplin.
He suggested that I read your blog as we have some things in common. He has been so sweet and caring. It means a lot when friends go out of their way to try and help and support you, even if I am clear in California. Even sent me some amazing cookies.
I have cancer also, Hodgkin's Lymphoma. In may I had Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma and no sooner did I go into remission after six treatments, this came nipping at my heals.. a whole nother cancer, a whole other beast.
So right now I am in between whether our current chemo plan will work, don't know and mid jan when we find out and decide whether or not we will do a stem cell transplant. I know right.... wow. So when you talk about aches and pains and yet wanting to live everyday to the fullest... I'm right there.
I just adopted a dog three weeks ago and we go on our daily walks, shooting interesting photos of the neighborhood. It's good for me because this is in my liver and lungs. Chance is a great companion.
Well, I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know I'm out here if you want to reach out..
And to take a look at my sites as well. I am a photojournalist as you may have guessed, hence the camera. So I have things to try and continue to do and projects to work on. It's slow, some days like today are very difficult. But I'm a warrior.
So I hope to hear from you soon.
Take Care Wil,
Tammy
Post a Comment