Statcounter


View My Stats

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy Days are Here Again.....




....no, I am not running for office! I'm talking about the Holiday Season which is now upon us!

Even though I am not particularly religious, almost everybody would agree that this time of year in this country certainly becomes a more festive time-- what with parties and celebrations of all sorts! In this country, celebrations are largely Christian orientated because of our heritage. But there are are lots of other reasons to celebrate and I feel like we all ought to try to get into a "good mood"!

As usual, I have received some emails (and now maybe more) talking about how "they" have taken this or that away from us. For me those comments, "do not compute". I still feel as I always did that I can celebrate as I wish in this country. Isn't is wonderful? It seems to me that old people like myself need to take stock of how good we have it. We need to try harder to understand how we can help others get into a celebratory mood whatever their religion or lack thereof.

Enough of that. I have enclosed a pic from about a year ago of Anne and I celebrating and then another from the Athens Realty Holiday Party last week. I think I look a bit different!!! I also feel a lot different. Last year I was trying to figure out what to do as I would be dying soon! So...another year has gone by and I didn't die! Just not ready? Due to working hard to "beat it?" I am very grateful to all the people who have been praying for and thinking of me!! I feel much better in spite of the usual ailments and the recent (scary) fact that I have been coughing a lot.

As usual, the A-Realty party was well attended, lots of fun, and a good deal of hard work for a few people. This is the point when I always say I won't do it next year. But next year will come and we will see. In the meantime, lots of holiday get-togethers all over our sunny little town. On Saturday, Anne and I will be leaving town for 6 days in order to celebrate in a special way in a special place for us.

I can think of lots of people I would like to see and lots of places I would like to go, but for tonight I will be heading to Columbus. Tomorrow is another day to see the oncologist and get an infusion. Another blog will be coming after this visit I am certain.

Happy Holidays to all and do not forget to Celebrate!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the two pictures. That really brings home your progress! You know you enjoy every minute (except for the awful movies that are stumbled into). Have a safe trip.