Statcounter


View My Stats

Thursday, August 13, 2009

NO CHEMICALS OR ADDITIVES!



.......that's right, went to the "chemo" doctor and he said the CT scan from last week showed no cancer. What? No cancer? There is still a mass(?) in my right lung, but the cancer laden fluid is gone! Anne asked him if that meant the cancer was in "remission". He responded that they usually don't say that about my kind of cancer--but "you could say that".

So, even though I will need to continue the Avastin treatments, we put a stop to them for 9 weeks so that I can have a gum operation--this getting old is not for sissies!! What a relief if only for a temporary time.

Am I happy or what??? Elated and full of disbelief would be a better way to put it! Of course I am elated, but after thinking of myself as a "sicky" for a whole year, it is hard to believe that the cancer has gone away!! I will need lots of time, thought, and-- unfortunately for those reading this--many blogs to try to get my thoughts on this "in order".

Right now I am writing this in from a hotel in suburban Detroit and looking forward to seeing my relatives with the great news. Our party will really be fun now!

I am so blessed to have a whole new way of seeing life, for having traveled the "world" in the past year, and for having great, great friends and relatives!!! (Some even sent bday cards after I so unashamedly plugged my soon to be birthday!! ....but don't send more, I get embarrassed.)

"one happy wil"

(ps I wanted to add more pics, but between this "user unfriendly" blog and my incompetence, I can't figure out how to get em on.)

14 comments:

km.macartney@gmail.com said...

I am without words, this is absolutely amazing!!! Rock on, Wil!

Unknown said...

So glad to hear the news Wil, you are such a rock! Sorry I can't be there this weekend, but have fun and see you soon.

Unknown said...

Wil,

I am soooooooooooo happy for you. What a great news! You are a good soldier!!!

Lanny said...

GREAT NEWS WIL!

Southeastern Ohhhhh *Sigh* said...

We knew you could do it...I don't think I've ever seen you fail at something you put your all into. I'm so thankful to know that you're such a fighter (and a winner) and will be spending many more birthdays with Schmoops & I :)

Kristin Campbell-Miller said...

I'm so proud of your strength. This is such amazing news!! Wonderful! Wooo hooo!!!!

Debbie Clary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie Clary said...

AMAZING!! I am beyond happy for you, Wil! How appropriate this wonderful news coincides with the Winguts and Stella playing at Eclipse next weekend - that will be one HUGE celebration - we will be dancing like the good ol' days :) Love you! --Debbie
P.S. I'm wondering if the Company Store can accommodate all the people that will surely show up??

Christine said...

The most wonderful of news! And look at that picture of you Wil! You're looking so great. Each day is a gift and this news is an inspiration. We need you to keep blogging!

Anonymous said...

Once again you have changed my outlook on the world!
Way to go Wil and Anne!
Have a great trip!
Love, Maureen

Anonymous said...

What terrific news!!! We're with you two. Yahoooooo!!!

Anonymous said...

May I point out that August 13 is my birthday? Thank you for the gift that is you, Wil. Inspiring, hilarious and charming as all get out, your blog makes my day. Hugs and smooches for Anne The Steadfast. Love, mb

Amy R. said...

Wow! What a comeback! This is a Cinderella story -- or some sportscasting metaphor my husband understands better than me.

We are absolutely elated by your news, Wil. And Aug. 13 is my birthday too. But, this year, it was not so good, until I heard THIS!

Thanks for some much-needed hope and joy.

Patty said...

WOW WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWOWOW- FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!