
I can't believe it! Went to the OSU Medical Center yesterday in Columbus and got lost on the way home. Since I have been in Athens ('69) we have always referred to Columbus as "Cowtown"--I guess because of the large ag school and the fact that it seems to be a town in the middle of a bunch of farms that just "got big"!
Maybe it also comes from the fact that Ohio U is a much smaller school often mixed-up for Ohio State (ooops! I mean THE Ohio State University). For years OSU has had one of the best sports programs in football that money could buy--not so true lately though. Maybe all us former hippys and "pseudo-hips" of today are just jealous!
My getting lost is the result of two things: 1) the major highway to OSU (315) is having most of the ramps worked on; and 2) I really don't know my way around this Cowtown that got big. I missed the correct detour and then couldn't turn around so I ended up on all kinds of weird little streets that didn't go anywhere! Eventually I found a street I had heard of (S High) and a highway (104) and made it back to highways I knew.
Pretty embarrassing! Made me doublely (you know, twice) glad that I am back to little Athens where I can even walk lots of places. We loved Kauai, but it is always good to be home! I took my morning hike up the hill with Roxie, the wonder dog, the other day and ended up with an extra hiker--Evelyn (see pic). We even found some wild raspberries on the way down the hill. It was so much fun!
So, a whole blog without discussing the dreaded c word. It feels good.
Happy Birthday America!
5 comments:
The first time I had been to Athens was for my interview at OU. The second time was when I moved here. I was late for work the first 3 days as I tried to find my way around. I remember one morning, thinking I had it nailed, I found myself on 33 E, viewing the University from across the river. How the hell?
You look great, Wil!
Hugs for you and Anne,
mb
I get lost in Cowtown just about everytime I go there! I just plan for it now and hope that I at least get to see a new part of the town!
As a fellow extravert, I am glad that you are feeling better. I can empathize with the torture of not being able to be around people!
Great pics! I wouldn't mind if you wanted to put more up!
Cheers to you!
Tara
YOU LOOK GREAT WIL!!!
Yeah, way to get out the guns, Pop!
JC
What an adventure! Getting lost!!!! Sometimes we just need something new to happen to us. We went to London, Wil; someone gave us a free flat, and we went for 3 weeks in May and it was the best trip I've ever been on. We spent ten days in Michigan in early June and I've unpacked my bags and STAYING HOME for abit. Dick is off to New Orleans July 17 to see Andrew. Colleen now in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. I'm off to the garden. Keep on truckin' my friend. Drop over to see us sometime - that would be good. Judy
Post a Comment