Statcounter


View My Stats

Friday, April 1, 2011

Chemo Schmemo


I had my second chemo treatment this past Monday and it's really knocked me on my ass; maybe the worst to date. I've already fallen twice and have a hard time getting back up. But life goes on and I'm finally at the point where I need to decide whether I'm going to continue with this chemo stuff or what. I have a CT Scan on Saturday the 9th and then a doctor's appointment to review the CT's findings on Monday the 11th, and then I'll have to make my decision depending on whether the chemo is making any difference in the cancer.

Michael and Annie are working hard on their wedding plans and dropped in last weekend from NYC. My sister Beverly, her husband, Ted, and son, Bob were also here for a quick visit (Bev & Ted from WI and Bob from MI). Quite a busy but wonderful time-it was great to see everyone-see the picture of the whole family at Casa "Church."

I'm still feeling lousy and seriously considering quitting the chemo, but we'll see-I need to talk to my oncologist first.


Lucky for me, I still have great friends (see Linda giving me a much needed/appreciated foot rub).


Love
~goodwil~

4 comments:

Justin Clary said...

Hopefully good news from the oncologist, and maybe he'll be on board with quitting the chemo if you think it's only making you feel lousy. Can't help but think this beautiful early Spring day in Athens is just for you, Wil, and I really hope you enjoy as much of it as you can. I've just moved in across the street from you at 157 East State. If you feel up to visitors, I'd absolutely love to stop by and say hello. My mom can give you contact info. I consider you and Anne a part of my family, and I hope this Spring brings you both more peace and happiness than ever before. You both very much deserve it.
Much love.

Anonymous said...

Much love to you, Wil. I would have to agree that maybe this weather is part of the culprit making you feel yucky. A good foot massage from a friend sounds very good though. Thinking of you, Wil, you're a heck of a person, and an inspiration.
xoxo
~Megan Macartney

Anonymous said...

Just checking in. Ya, chemo makes you fell horrible like you've never known horrible. Been there, done that, but not as bad as falling down like you have done. I'm glad you are getting visitors. Important. Much love from all of us. Judy McGinn

Anonymous said...

Hey - hope stopping chemo helps you feel better. I also think some good warm days will help. Gosh darn these fragile shells that house our souls and minds. Wish our vessels would keep up with our spirits. Let us know if you want visitors and we are there. Sorry I can't make the shows any better on TV - stick to HBO. Karla Eldridge and Brian