

I had a nice picture of me reclining on the table at the Oncologist's office with my eyes shut, but neither Lili or Anne will let me put the picture on the blog because they say that I look too dead! So here are a couple of pictures that have been deemed "appropriate" by the powers that be. Including one of Evelyn's theatrical debut as a dalmation puppy in the East Elementary's Dinner Theater '101 Dalmations' (as seen to the right).
I really haven't been feeling well lately, but the weather is going to get nice and as soon as it does, I know I'll feel better and be able to eat more, as I haven't had much of an appetite as of late. Maybe I need to eat more of the "special brownies" that were lovingly made for me as those seem to help. I did make it out just a little bit to our friend's house for dinner and to the Casa to eat breakfast as is our Sunday morning tradition. Otherwise I've been pretty home-bound except when Lili or Anne gives me a ride around town. It's funny how pleased I am just riding around and looking at things-I don't even have to get out of the car!
I have dreams of going on another long trip, but it requires a special oxygen set up and since oxygen is a constant that makes the trip more difficult. I'll keep hoping to be able to make the trip-thanks for all of your good vibes and nice thoughts, please keep up the good work.
Maybe this afternoon I can get Lili to take me for a ride (funny he should put that-Lili is the one dictating this-so signing off now so I can take Dad for his ride :)
Love,
goodwil
9 comments:
It IS beautiful weather for a drive, you have the right idea! Spring is just around the corner, Wil! Glad to hear that you are feeling better. :)
xoxo
~Megan Macartney
Will...you have inspired me to blog too...and I know how you feel about going for a ride...I make Tony take me "through town" as opposed to the highway so I can see the sites. HUGS and LOVE
Wow, you're a pretty amazing man. All you can do in life is keep plugging away, and the fact that you do it so gracefully is an inspiration. Thanks.
Allison Draper
Eat lots of those brownies! I wondered if you were taking advantage of the local flora to help you through the treatments, etc...
Love, Trisha
I second Allison's sentiments! We all love you, and Rory and I are coming to see you soon...
I heard about the "special brownies" and I am glad it is helping with your appetite. Let me know if there any Italian dishes that sound good and I would be happy to do some cooking. Take care and I am sending extra prayers your way.
Pat
Wil, thanks for the updates. You are right - spring will be here soon with much better weather that is sure to make everyone feel better. Enjoy Casa for those of us who live in Denmark!! (and the special brownies too, hehe)
special brownies!
you guys are on my mind just about 24/7. thinking of you and sending special wishes of love and comfort your way.
spring will be here before you know it! thanks for continuing to share your journey with us, wil. you're an inspiration for us all.
xoxo
Hello Wil,
I've been reading your posts whenever possible to keep updated on your progress. It seems like so recently when a handful of Athens adults I'd known my entire life were struck with cancer, including my mom Debbie. I remember vividly when I learned you as well had cancer and I was really grateful that she'd have a close, brave friend to get through this with. I'll also never forget how you were always the first to approach me and shake my hand when I was just a ten year old in a bar full of middle aged people. I think you're the only one that kept me feeling so welcome there, and for that I owe you a lot of thanks.
I'm so happy our families have grown close over the years. I may have not seen you in a long time, but I still feel like I know you and your sense of humor so very well. I'm living in Athens for Spring Quarter and I hope sometime we get the chance to reunite. I love a nice cruise around town at this time of year as well, and you'd be a welcome guest.
I wish you peace and happiness in whatever life brings. If there's one thing this has showed me, it's not to take any day or experience for granted.
Be well, my friend.
-Justin Clary
Post a Comment