Statcounter


View My Stats

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Spiritual Side


Several people have encouraged me to get "right with God." I find in doing this that it is truly a helpful thing. My minister, Evan, has been over to the house several times and we've had great discussions and prayers. It's been a good thing and I do feel much better thanks to Evan. One of the reasons Evan has been coming over is because I feel as though I've been slowly sinking physically, but since we've had our conversations I am starting to feel stronger physically. Another reason I feel as though I'm improving can be attributed to my dear friend and Yogurt Instructor, Linda (no that's not a dirty picture...Get your mind out of the gutter...She's helping me breathe!)

I have been sleeping 7 hours in a row (which is better than I've slept most of my adult life), but still need a nap or two during the day. My one problem seems to be that I'm frequently dizzy (lots of people have been telling me that for years) and we can't seem to figure out why. I still have oxygen full time and it makes it difficult to go places, but I am still getting out whenever I can. In fact, a dear old friend, Joe and Lili dragged me out for St. Paddy's Day to our local Irish Brewpub, Jackie O's for some Irish stew. I even had a sip or two of Brad's (the brewer) Irish Red brew.

My new chemo regimen keeps me going back & forth to the James Hospital in Columbus weekly at this point. See picture during treatment.

Lastly, my most fantabulous, brilliant, beautiful granddaughter (remember who's dictating this) went to a friend's birthday party in Columbus where all of the kids made a stuffed animal for themselves at Build-A-Bear. BUT, Evelyn not only made herself a bear, she made one with extra love especially for me so I have something to cuddle with when I'm not feeling tip top. She put an energized heart in the bear to keep me going :) And, on her own, she named it 'Bill', and then said: "Get it Peepah? Bill, like "Bill da Bear?" See picture...

I'm saving my energy and looking forward to taking a trip to Wisconsin when the weather is nicer. This is going to be a great Spring!

Love
goodWil

5 comments:

Debbie Clary said...

This blog tugged at my heart. You have so much love surrounding you, Wil. Here's mine from Columbus to tenderly envelop you:) Peace and love, my dear friend.
--Debbie

Amy Rudy said...

Wil, Debbie said it very well. You have our love comin at ya from Maryland. Amy and Bob

Unknown said...

Wil
It was so inspiring to read your latest blog. I also had the Irish Red on St. Patty's day and it was tasty...sending love and light your way ! Barb Harrison

Unknown said...

Hi Wil... glad to have stumbled on your blog. Bill da Bear is priceless; can't wait to have a grandkid of my own who will undoubtedly spout such cute stuff too. She is sure like her mom was at that age. What a little pistol she was!
I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Eat a brownie and then come to the restaurant... I bet we could help with a lack of appetite if we tried :-) (but don't come this week as we're closed.)
wishing you a good night's sleep tonight.

Unknown said...

Wil
Was outside today clipping prairie grass. Things are greening up, even in Chicago! Enjoy your trip to Wisconsin and think about crashing here -
Geoff