Statcounter


View My Stats

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Lots of things.....





....to give Thanks for on this Thanksgiving Day, but I thought I would throw in something I never thought I would give thanks for!! In 2005 Anne and I moved into her mom's wonderful old house with lots (probably too much) of room. It even had a garage which like any good American male, I had her park her car in while I stored lots of our "stuff" in the other area.

Well, after many years of her (5) asking me when I was going to clear a place for my car, this week I made the room. Now for the first time ever, I can put my car in a garage. This is the first time I have ever had a usable place for my car! No more icy windows, no more ginko berries dropped and smelly on my car from the big old tree in the front yard--I am loving it much more than I thought I would.

Of course there are many more things to give thanks for on this Thanksgiving Day. Like going to the CASA with Evie and others for breakfasts. Then we many times go next door to the "Monster Store" as Evie calls it because of the finger puppets. On the trip pictured, both Evie and Lili got new hats. I also give thanks to all of the people who have contacted me and wished me well in what I am calling my "cancer journey". Thank you all so much.

In my last blog I was very optimistic cause I was feeling so much better. Even though I may have been too optimistic, I am still feeling pretty darn good compared to earlier times on this journey. I certainly am thankful and hope I continue to feel this good. I do really need a nap as I don't sleep well at night, but these are good times.

Over one block to Lili and Colin's for dinner and then tomorrow to Maryland to see Anne's sister and family. A great weekend starting today! Please have great time and remember to give thanks for all of our blessings. Thanks to all.

3 comments:

Debbie Clary said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Wil. We all have so many things to be thankful for. All my love to you and Anne! --Debbie

tamaravk said...

I love your blog Wil! You inspire me. Happy Thanksgiving from Steve & Tamara and the girls

Anonymous said...

I think you and Miss Evie look QUITE a bit alike! WoW!

XOXO
Lil